What is Santa bringing you this year??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Santa already visit the Outlaw home! :bounce:

Left him a brand new set of Dynaudio Excite X12 in white Gloss 8) and MY most awaited Rega Brio R ( Black ;) ) :dance:

ah! And some Atacama Duo in silver.

Merry Christmas to you ALL

:cheers:

matthewpiano

88691912562.jpg

68 CDs and 5 DVDs - Everything Murray Perahia has recorded for CBS/Sony Classical so far. Can't wait to start exploring it!

A

Anonymous

My xmas gift comes in the morning

cyrus 8dac. Stream xpq2. Cdt ma rx6 in purl black n hark 11. :)

A

Anonymous

My xmas gift comes in the morning

cyrus 8dac. Stream xpq2. Cdt ma rx6 in purl black n hark 11. :)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Are people buying themselves all these really expensive gifts? (ie the high grade components, not the CDs.) Or is this a normal sort of level of present buying? 50 quid's about my limit, to and from.....!

T

the record spot

Ummm, he's been a few times already this year I think. Most recently, a Teac UD-H01 DAC, and a Harmon/Kardon HK6850 amp.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
A pair of Genelec 6010s and an airport express.
and I am getting her an arrangement with a nice chocolate shop so she never has to pay them, just tell them her name and they will supply unlimited chocolate.

T

the record spot

Good call on the Genelec speakers - the 6010s are very nice.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, my wife is getting a Denon 38DAB with Boston Acoutics a26s... i'm not quite sure she will appreciate it :)

Im getting man utd slippers... and possibly the beatles paster masters on vinyl, cant afford the complete boxset, or just the stereo mixes so might just get that one, or else buy a couple of albums from a secondhand supplier..

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Just sold my amp for more than I expected :clap: :grin: So hopefully picking up my new one on Saturday (Electrocompaniet PI2) and will be rocking out of christmas/new year break :dance: :cheers: :rockout:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BigColz said:
Just sold my amp for more than I expected :clap: :grin: So hopefully picking up my new one on Saturday (Electrocompaniet PI2) and will be rocking out of christmas/new year break :dance: :cheers: :rockout:

You should also listen to the ECI-3, which is the same price, and many consider better (more organic / musical).

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:

You should also listen to the ECI-3, which is the same price, and many consider better (more organic / musical).

I'm not sure i'll be able to get a demo of it and I can get the PI2 for £1300 ex demo.. One review says it has a bright presentation which puts me off straight away.. I know this is someones opinion but did put me off. Plus PI2 is more powerfull which generally gives a beefier sound which is what i'm after. If I can get a demoI will but tempted to just buy the PI2 as it's ready to go and can enjoy it over christmas :cheers:

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Didn't think I was getting anything, but maybe St. Nicholas has decided to get me set of Audio Technica ATH-900X.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BigColz said:
I'm not sure i'll be able to get a demo of it and I can get the PI2 for £1300 ex demo.. One review says it has a bright presentation which puts me off straight away.. I know this is someones opinion but did put me off. Plus PI2 is more powerfull which generally gives a beefier sound which is what i'm after. If I can get a demoI will but tempted to just buy the PI2 as it's ready to go and can enjoy it over christmas :cheers:

That's a good price and unless the ECI-3 can be bought at a similar price, it's not worth worrying about.

FWIW. I don't understand the "bright" comment in a review, as imo. if anything the ECI-3 has a slightly dark treble...it's the P series that has a (very) slightly more modern upfront presentation. If Electro spots this, he is better placed to comment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts