what home cinema for under £1200?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

looking to get set up with a home cinema and had originally facied a bose v20 but everyone seems to slate them! can anyone suggest what to go for - there's that much choice i'm blown away! Wiring is already in for 5.1 so looking for a good amp and a speaker set - any advice would be greatly recieved! Thought of a budget of around £1200 (skin flint I know!)

many thanks

steve

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
Having just done some auditioning myself, I can recommend the Denon 1910 (I bought the 2310 in the end). Can be had for £350 but it's on it's way out so don't wait too long to get it.

Speaker package wise, I really liked the B&W sets and the MT-25 goes very nicely with the Denon. Total cost with the Denon receiver would be £1250 but B&W are on offer with some retailers in their summer sales so should be able to bring it to just within budget.

Sounds like you're sorted for cable but don't forget about stands (if you need them). The M1's are wall mountable without any further bracketry but if you wanted them on stands then that would be further cost.

Alternative speaker sets to consider: Quad L-ite II / KEF 2005 / KEF 3005

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I would look at the Kef 3005se-k2 package which you can get for £699 fantastic price usually £999 and has more dynamics than the 2005.3, check it's in stock, great price the sub is not as good as the htb one but it's still great for movies. And partner this with an Onkyo 608 which seem to work very well together, alternative would be the Yamaha 2065 now at £550. Ive got the older Quad-lite's and using an Onkyo 606 and that sounds great so i would look at the the newer model,Also the Q Aoustics 2000 range if you like traditional speakers, if you want floorstanders look at the MA br5.Let us know whate kind of speakers your looking st and we can partner them with a suitable amp.

http://www.multizoneav.com/Products/KEF/

A

Anonymous

I would wait for the Monitor audio BX series to come out in 2 weeks max as they are releasing to dealers by the end of the month.

Its looking promising, with amazing spec.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts