FIIO Q3 Dac/Amp owner,looking for Open Backed-Headphones with Pentaconn 4.4 mm Balanced plug?under £200?

audioman1

Jul 30, 2023
Visit site
Hello to Everyone @whathifi Forums.
I am a new member and from Norway.

I am a FIIO Q3 Dac/Amp owner,and I am looking for an Open Backed-Headphone with Pentaconn 4.4 mm Balanced plug?under £200? I am relatively New to the audio world,But I have spent many hours researching and searching the many review sites,But thought it was the right time to ask for first hand help

Looking forward to hearing from some of you

All The Very Best Regards Steve(y)

Gray

Hello Steve from Norway and welcome 👍

You probably know that not all headphones that are capable of balanced operation are supplied with balanced cables.
But they can be bought separately for reasonable (as well as very unreasonable) prices.

Ideally you should listen to a few choices as the sound of headphones is very subjective and personal.
Put Sennheiser HD-560S on your shortlist - I've tried quite a few makes and models and doubt you can find better value for your budget - and you would have enough left over to include a separate, balanced cable.

The light brown cable in my photo is an example of a low cost 1.2 metre balanced cable suitable for Sennheiser 5xx series headphones.
(The long black one was my original cable - I soldered my own 4.4mm Pentaconn plug onto that).
IMG_20220922_163004_MP~2.jpg

audioman1

Jul 30, 2023
Visit site
Hello Grey
So good of you to answer my post.I thank you for the advice.Lot happened since I ask the question,and I ended up purchasing a pair of planer headphones the HIFIMAN HE400SE together with a FIIO Q3 AMP/DAC and finally a balanced 4.4mm cable from aliexpress,which seems to be working quite well

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts