What HiFi review 508 -should I now get that or 428

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was all set on getting the Pioneer 428 when I read this months review of the 508 -Wow think they liked it!!

I have been using my 33" Toshiba 4:3 CRT which has a great picture, but have decided to move to plasma.

I am now wondering whether the 42" will not give me the wow factor for films etc (particularly full wide screen) and should go for the 50"

The problem is my viewing distance, the main seat is only about 9 1/2 feet from the screen (maybe touch less even), the other seat, not used much is about 7ft.

This will be my day-to-day TV for SD. Will the quality with normal SD TV be poor at that distance with the 50"

thanks

Gareth

A

Anonymous

Whether you get the 42ins or 50ins version you're going to love either of these TV's, not that I would be prepared to pay teh current prices for them. If you wait until just before Christmas/New Year I have no doubt you will be able to pick up the 42ins one for around £1,300.00 as opposed to it's current inflated price of around £1,600.00

A

Anonymous

GarethG, i am set to demo the pio in the next couple of days, my viewing distance is similar to yours so am looking at the 42" as i feel it might be to close for the 50"

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]42in version reviewed in our upcoming Supertest - out two-weeks today[/quote]

Don't worry Clare I will be waiting at the newagents! Did you, or your team, view any SD at my sort of distance when doing the review of the 508?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="j.willett"]

GarethG, i am set to demo the pio in the next couple of days, my viewing distance is similar to yours so am looking at the 42" as i feel it might be to close for the 50"

[/quote]

Let me know hat you think! Are you tempted to try the 508 at that distance? (for a demo)

A

Anonymous

Gareth, apart from the fact i think i would be to close, no way wifey will let me buy the 50"

A

Anonymous

Mine was not that keen, until she saw them in the flesh in a shop, and saw that the 508 would not need the optional speakers and the 428 has integral speakers -so the actual panel size is not much difference!

Any one else viewing 50" at this sort of difference?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts