UE65HU7500 v UE65H6400

Red Johno

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Im in the market to replace a @7 yr old LG 42" TV which is used in a kitchen/ living area. Viewing distance whilst seated is @7' but this will go to @20' whilst in the kitchen part of the space.

Whilst looking for a new TV, ive found myself in a upwards spiral where I find a TV and then I try to justify spending a little bit more to get something bigger / better. I was originally looking at a 50/55" TV but now I'm thinking 60/65" .

ive arrived at point where I thought I would now go 4k because the model suggested does handle HD/SD well, but I've now read that 4k is not yet established (too early to adopt?). Should I spend the extra on the 4k model or stick with the HD option and save some cash?

Ive also been looking at LG 60uf850 but would consider an LG without 4k.

i was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or advice (any of which would be greatly appreciated).

thank you

If you want to truly future proof 4K, you should look for HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2 and HDR. But the standards haven't been finalised yet, especially for HDR. I would buy a good 1080p TV and go for 4K when it's more mainstream, in a couple of years' time. 1080p TVs are available for cheap now, and 4K will get even cheaper in 1-2 years.

Red Johno

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
thanks for the reply, although between the two Samsung models (4k v 1080p) the price difference is not too great to stop me going for 4k with the reasoning being that it will be several years before this purchase will be replaced. I need to check its future proofing. Thanks

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
+1 for everything bigboss has suggested.

I'm in a similar position myself in that I'm replacing a faulty 2 year old Samsung 55 inch 1080p TV which has been deemed beyond repair and I was considering a 4K TV. I came to the conclusion that the dearth of content, unconfirmed specs and price of 4K TVS meant it simply wasn't worth taking the plunge just yet.

I've decided to go with a 1080p OLED TV and make the most of all the discs and content I already have and once 4K actually takes off (if it does of course) then I will consider an upgrade further down the line.

Hope that helps.

TRENDING THREADS