What hi-fi awards ceremony

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, we have a very big black-tie bash (pictures of last year's event here) at the Dorchester. Manufacturers and retailers attend, and other selected guests.... including, this year, the winner of our Reader's Award competition.

Full details in the Awards issue, out October 16th. Everything strictly (and legally) embargoed til then, so let's leave it at that!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, we do have an Awards ceremony - it took place on Wednesday in central London. We invite manufacturers, dealers and PRs. And before you ask, the results are embargoed until October 16th.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:So we didn't win the competition then?

Not this time you didn't! Our winning reader plus guest are currently in the witness protection programme....

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
yeah ok, you can afford john culshaw. but why would you want him - he is and impressionist, which is the lowest form of wit and entertainment...? and why are'nt you putting the money into lowering the price of my mag?!

John Duncan

Clare Newsome:
JohnDuncan:So we didn't win the competition then?

Not this time you didn't! Our winning reader plus guest are currently in the witness protection programme....

I had my tux cleaned and everything.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
al7478:yeah ok, you can afford john culshaw. but why would you want him - he is and impressionist, which is the lowest form of wit and entertainment...? and why are'nt you putting the money into lowering the price of my mag?!

Jon Culshaw was both highly amusing and a fantastic co-host - it's not easy presenting a live event, you know?!

We had Frankie Boyle this year - and i'm still laughing at his jokes.....

And, not that it's any of your business , the Awards night has a totally separate budget from the mag or website. We've been running these Awards for 27 years, so we're getting the hang of it by now!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:And a totally separate champagne budget within that, which is always nobody's business......

No, my constitution paid for that yesterday
emotion-41.gif

But seriously,our Awards night is a celebration of some seriously impressive home entertainment products, and is attended by the great and good of some of the world's biggest brands - it deserves to be a special occasion.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
And, not that it's any of your business , the Awards night has a totally separate budget from the mag or website. We've been running these Awards for 27 years, so we're getting the hang of it by now!

Ooh, get you!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
al7478:and why are'nt you putting the money into lowering the price of my mag?!

Because then everyone else would get jealous that you were getting yours for less than they were.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
al7478:and why are'nt you putting the money into lowering the price of my mag?!

Because then everyone else would get jealous that you were getting yours for less than they were.

Yeah, fair do's.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Calm down, Clare's just making the point that the Awards are a very important part of what we do and if we want to celebrate the best products in the business with the people who make them, why shouldn't we? And our Awards issue is one of the most eagerly-awaited and best-selling issues of the year.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Andy Clough:Calm down, Clare's just making the point that the Awards are a very important part of what we do and if we want to celebrate the best products in the business with the people who make them, why shouldn't we? And our Awards issue is one of the most eagerly-awaited and best-selling issues of the year.

Calm down yerself, i never disagreed with any of that, and never mentioned the awards edition, which im sure ill enjoy hugely.

Now, a silly bit of japery could get out of hand so ill stand down.

Oh and clare - cheers, its not as if ive not done worse tho i guess.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Andy Clough:Calm down, Clare's just making the point that the Awards are a very important part of what we do and if we want to celebrate the best products in the business with the people who make them, why shouldn't we? And our Awards issue is one of the most eagerly-awaited and best-selling issues of the year.

I thought you were banned Cloughie?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts