What hi-fi awards ceremony

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
My Mum!
emotion-2.gif
And no, I don't think I'll ban myself...

A

Anonymous

He is banned, but not from here. The pub next door is another matter entirely.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:And who was moderating the site while you were all getting drunk?

Moderation never sleeps, nor does it indulge in worldly pleasures...

And when Ma Clough is on the case, you'd better behave yourselves.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:We had Frankie Boyle this year - and i'm still laughing at his jokes.....

Frankie....mmmmm bet you can't retell many of his jokes on here. He's prob the best comedian around at the mo ..wish I'd been there.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Andy Clough:Yes, Frankie was very, very funny but I can't possibly repeat what he said on a family-friendly forum such as this.

For which read 'That's another part of the evening of which I have no recollection whatsoever'

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Andy Clough:Yes, Frankie was very, very funny but I can't possibly repeat what he said on a family-friendly forum such as this.

For which read 'That's another part of the evening of which I have no recollection whatsoever'

Well I was totally sober (at that point), and remember it all. The video should refresh some memories...

...talking of which - (censored) highlights of the night will appear online from October 16th.

A

Anonymous

dominic dawes:Frankie Boyle was there? Oh...

You really must've been trollied to miss this understated gentleman

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Actually, Dom was very well behaved as he was the man with the big furry microphone interviewing all the winners after the ceremony. And I had the job of polishing all the trophies for the photographs...I know my place.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Clare Newsome:
JohnDuncan:So we didn't win the competition then?

Not this time you didn't! Our winning reader plus guest are currently in the witness protection programme....

I had my tux cleaned and everything.

I had a hair cut too.

A

Anonymous

Industry bashes are boring and soooo predicatable. Everybody claps instead of throwing knives, smiles instead of screaming abuse and gets ****** as fast as possible so as to make the whole thing tollerable. There is so little sincerity that were it to spill; you could wipe it up with one of those jiffy cloths. IMO.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Rev:Industry bashes are boring and soooo predicatable. Everybody claps instead of throwing knives, smiles instead of screaming abuse and gets ****** as fast as possible so as to make the whole thing tollerable. There is so little sincerity that were it to spill; you could wipe it up with one of those jiffy cloths. IMO.

You may be right, but go with the flow and you'll have an excellent night. Whichever industry you're not in...is rubbish. If you are, it's rubbish but you can deal with it

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS