What has the better 5.1 sound qaulity, PS3 or Pioneer PDPLX70A

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know these machines are very good, but how much better sounding for movies are they, comparing them to each other?

I have invested quite a lot on the HC system in terms of speakers and processors etc, so sound quality is important. Currently have a cyrus dvd6 going into an av8, b&w speakers, pioneer pdp508xd.

Would either of them outshine the cyrus dvd6 for non hd 5.1 surround sound?

Thanks?

A

Anonymous

hi medrep. I can only tell you that i have had a friends ps3 and my pdplx70a both running through my receiver and, im my opinion, the pioneer is far far better in all respects. There is a signifcant price difference between the two though so i would expect that to be the case, but whether its worth the extra? Only you can decide.

A

Anonymous

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I am prepared to spend the money on the pioneer, even though the ps3 is a huge saving, and does more, but im not really a gamer.

One thing though, ive heard in some forums/reviews that the pioneer only has a 1.1 profile? I'm not quite sure what this means, and whether it has any relevance to me?

Thanks again.

A

Anonymous

this is a point that confused me until i got advice from the people in this forum. You will find the full answer if u search the forum but basically vers. 1 is basic bluray, vers.1.1 allows use of picture in picture and various other functions on the disc, and vers 2 gives u internet functions. The pioneer can be upgraded by logging on to pioneer and downloading the lasest version oe firmware either directly from your computer or by burning it onto a disc and following the ins. Seems pretty straightforward. Nb. Even if you dont upgrade you will still be able to watch vers !.! And vers 2 discs tho. Hope this helps and if i have got anything wrong, im sure another member of the forum will put me right. Av fun!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts