What happened to the AZUR 551R V2?

djb123

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Does anybody know anything about the Cambridge Audio AZUR 551 V2 in the UK?

When I saw the news of this release last year I was hoping I could get the sound of a traditional dedicated stereo amp with some surround features. I dont have space for a dedicated amp and reciever...

After a long wait and much trawling of the internet for information and reviews I contacted CA who told me Richer Sounds did not want to stock it. The CA website has now been updated to say it is not available in the UK.

Anyone know what is going on? I dont believe this device was ever reviewed in the UK. A few folks around the World have posted good things about the stereo properties.

Am I misguided in thinking that I could get a better sounds with this than a similar priced AV reciever? Was it not released in the UK because of problems? Am wondering if I should get one from abroad.

Thanks

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
It seems that the 551 & 751 have been superceded by the new CXR120 & CXR200, so even if there had been a 551 v2 in the pipeline, I doubt if we'll see it now anyway.

djb123

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Leeps. Not sure how I missed this. Must have had my blinkers on.. This looks like a much better bet for me as it includes the streaming features the 551 doesnt. Want one already!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts