What do you think of this combo?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Personally i'd go for the NAD C352 amp and NAD C542 CD player combo they do @ just over £500 and possibly other speakers, maybe Monitor Audio BR2's from another shop.

Not heard the Denon stuff but the Wharfdale speakers are not too bad.

John Duncan

This will likely be given short shrift here, as it ticks none of the boxes you'd normally associate with us:

1) Multiplayer - not conducive to optimal sound quality
2) Denon - not (currently, sadly) conducive to optimal sound quality

emotion-2.gif

That being said, go and hear it, you may love it, but listen also to some of Superfi's other systems offerings which you may prefer - their NAD deals are particularly good value, if you ask me, but if you can stretch to their Creek Evo combo they do I think you'd love it. If after that you still want the Denon, go crazy, no complaints from me.

cheers

JD

John Duncan

[quote user="d_a_n1979"]Personally i'd go for the NAD C352 amp and NAD C542 CD player combo they do @ just over £500 and possibly other speakers, maybe Monitor Audio BR2's from another shop.

Not heard the Denon stuff but the Wharfdale speakers are not too bad.[/quote]

Jinx. Agree with the NAD statement (see previous), but if you must go the Denon/Wharfedale route, get the 9.1 instead, is better (IMO).

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I've seen that DVD player for £150 so I don't think that price is the best. I have the one up the 700ae which I'm pleased with but it's probably a lot to do with the Creek Evo amp that sits on the shelf below. I agree with Mr Duncan about the Evo combo but try it's website as they deliver for free and they have ex demo stock.

A

Anonymous

Well I have heard the Denon 700 AE CD player with the 1500 amp driving a pair of KEF IQ 5's....and they sounded terrible...absolutely no life. I 've read a lot about how Denon products 'colour' sound, but if that was an example, I was very disappointed.....and I don't think the speakers were to blame (?) Anyway I now have a CA system with MS 902i speakers. Love their sound and it was a bargain....IMO you can do better than what you're thinking

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We've tested the Denon DRA-700AE DAB and frankly weren't that impressed with it, so gave it an average 3 stars. Our verdict: "A well-specified DAB receiver, but not the jack of all trades we hoped for.

"The sound lacks excitement and dynamism, and timing is only average. To us, it feels too much like a compromise squeezed all in one box, but at a cost to sound quality."

A dedicated £200 stereo amp and separate DAB tuner would give you better performance.

A

Anonymous

I know exactly what speakers you want...and I have them and I love them...Wharfedale EVO2 30 speakers. Great for the size room you have - and you can get them for £249.99 now! Just look on floorstanders in superfi!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts