What do you do when you listen to your hifi?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I usually stare at the Bosch prints and other bits of artwork on the wall across from where I sit. I think art and music go together well.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

idc:contemplating your naval?

Having a sea view must make it hard to concentrate on the music.

Not if you are a fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks or maybe La Mer? Or maybe try Master & Commander.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
There's only one thing to do if you really want to listen to music seriously. Lights out, curtains closed, eyes closed, and forget the confines of the room you're listening in - do that and you suddenly have a huge three dimensional soundstage.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:

There's only one thing to do if you really want to listen to music seriously. Lights out, curtains closed, eyes closed, and forget the confines of the room you're listening in - do that and you suddenly have a huge three dimensional soundstage.

and Causes instant sleep

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:

I can't do that, I've got to be doing something with my eyes, otherwise I'm bored rigid after about 5 minutes. Hopefully once the rooms are moved around and the ZP120 can be shifted what I'll be doing when listening to music is playing pool!

SteveR750

Depends whether I have been to the pub beforehand or not - listening loud with headphones on after a few bevvies and I am practically in the band. Some of the most intense musical experiences have been half cut at 38,000ft trying to "sleep" with an ipod at full chat. In my previous house I could listen to the system fairly loud, and quite often would get the SG out and try and keep up with Angus; in my current place it's reduced to a source of background muzak to most of the same activities as everyone else does...

SteveR750

Theough the OP did make we wonder what kind of thread it might result in had this been "What do you do when watching you 120" pasma", or worse, "What do you do when you are looking at your Pentium 28 %Thz Laptop".....
emotion-3.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
brittondave:FrankHarveyHiFi: There's only one thing to do if you really want to listen to music seriously. Lights out, curtains closed, eyes closed, and forget the confines of the room you're listening in - do that and you suddenly have a huge three dimensional soundstage.

and Causes instant sleep

That's one drawback every now and again. But when you don't fall asleep, forget about any surroundings, and get lost in the music, your soundstage can be bigger than your house....

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
It all depends on the level of engagement, but most often I listen while watching the TV muted or surfing the net.

When I can I like to give all my attention to the music and dim the lights and just listen.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:

Good call, but I tend to knock my wine over.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Usually, it's the laptop, glass of wine, lights right down and the volume increasing steadily as far as I can push it without being busted.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
evo6tme:
Sit,crack a beer and listen . Then spend the next hour analzinge and critisising .

If only i had £20000 spare
emotion-2.gif

You'll find you enjoy your music much more with wine rather than beer.

T

the record spot

Drinks-wise, it's often a beer and very occasionally a glass of wine. Mostly beer though. Not surprisingly, I find it makes very little difference either way...
emotion-5.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
the record spot:Drinks-wise, it's often a beer and very occasionally a glass of wine. Mostly beer though. Not surprisingly, I find it makes very little difference either way...
emotion-5.gif

Just doesn't work for me with music, beer.

Football yes. Music no.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts