What do I need ?

Dvddvd

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I currently have a stereo/AV system.

i have on the stereo side a Bryston pre amp and Bryston 9b power amp and kef reference speakers and a cd transport and Audiolab m Dac

On the AV side I have a Pioneer LX87 AV amp with pre outs into the Bryston power amp.

i prefer the sound of my Bryston for stereo use, but use the Spotify connect on the Pioneer but don't like the sound of the AV amp in stereo use.

Can I buy a stand alone box that I can connect to my Audiolab m dac and listen to Spotify through the Bryston ? I don't need wireless or streaming or pre amp or storage just Spotify connected with a optical or coaxial into Bryston pre amp ?

or does the Pioneer have a optical out that could connect into the Audiolab M dac and basically just use the digital signal from the Pioneer ? I would prefer not having to use the Pioneer and have a seperate "Spotify box" .

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Probably the best bet is an inexpensive 'netbook' type computer, connected to your home network for Internet to enable Spotify and hooked up to the M-DAC via USB. You could use whichever device you're currently using to run Spotify Connect to control the computer remotely.

Or you could use a mini-PC like the Acer Revo One, or a secondhand MacMini, or – well, you get the idea!

Dvddvd

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Is there no one box solution which I could just plug in, instead of waiting for a PC to boot up every time I wanted to listen to Spotify thanks

abacus

You could get a streamer with Spotify built in, however if you have a tablet/smartphone, just get a Chromecast Audio dongle (I assume you have Wi Fi) and connect it to your DAC via optical, then use the Spotify App.

Hope this helps

Bill

Dvddvd

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Many thanks I bought a chromecast audio in the end.

Works great, I pay for Spotify premium just wondered why it comes up on Audiolab when I use it 24bit 44kb I thought they were MP3 s when I play the same cd it comes up with 16 bit 44 kb ?

i have had a look at the Revo one and could you tell me which model is best for playing back music? Is the cheapest one ok for playing back normal cd and maybe DSD files ?

Also if I buy jriver to control it, will I be able to use a iPad old one, and a Kindle fire to control it ? Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts