What digital coaxial cable?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
Covenanter said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
Covenanter said:
All competently made digital cables are the same.

Chris

It isn't the same at all! Cars have loads of variables that make them different from each other. Digital cables merely have to deliver a stream of binary bits and it doesn't even matter if they are degraded in the process as long as the 1's and 0's can be identified. All competently made cables can do that which is why the snake oil marketing is just that.

Wrong.

The 1s and 0s won't all make it through a bad cable, and the hardware at the receiving end will spend half its time error correcting.

Yup and that totally messes up stereo imaging, produces flabby bass, unfocused midrange and less air in the highs, with worst scenario where even the pitch sounds off. It's exactly like running a bakery when some of your supplies don't get delivered because of bad roads and traffic congestion, so your cakes and tarts start being tasting weird, less vanilla here, less chocolate there, and customers will stop coming. Manufacturers now declare on their cables the purity of the copper (99.99999%) and that tells you how many potholes are on the road to the bakery. The purer it is, less delivery trucks will be damaged and more of your supplies will arrive and more customers will stay with your business in your area. It's like with sound. You can't improve it, just hope to lose as less as possible.

Gold! I'll take a baker's dozen of whatever you've taken.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
MykhailM said:
Yes I`m a co-designer for the Malbru product and yes I recommend it for a very good reason. I use it and quite a few audiophiles with serious systems who heard the product speak very highly of it.

So pay for your advertising and promotion like every one else has to rather than be a cheap spammer.

Check the rules ...

http://www.whathifi.com/house-rules

Call someone on the magazine / website to get proper paid advertising rather than cheating like you do now.

http://www.whathifi.com/contact-us

Why would I want to buy from a cheat and a spammer?

chebby said:
MykhailM said:
Yes I`m a co-designer for the Malbru product and yes I recommend it for a very good reason. I use it and quite a few audiophiles with serious systems who heard the product speak very highly of it.

So pay for your advertising and promotion like every one else has to rather than be a cheap spammer.

Check the rules ...

http://www.whathifi.com/house-rules

Call someone on the magazine / website to get proper paid advertising rather than cheating like you do now.

http://www.whathifi.com/contact-us

Why would I want to buy from a cheat and a spammer?

+1

I wondered why he kept digging up old threads.

MykhailM said:
Thanks for recommendation, I surely will look into it. Also I need to point out that my intent to post here is to recommend what works for people that may look for products that deliver decent results. Insulting other members is not the way to go anywhere in life and that is what I felt reading the responses.

Perhaps, but coming on this forum and blatantly trying to promote your wares without reading or following house rules is only asking for criticism.

MykhailM

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
After auditioning several high priced coaxial cables in a Signature range it became obvious for me that coaxial interconnects DO differ in how they deliver audio results between components. After testing coaxial cables on a decent audio gear I could constantly notice repetitive difference even in Silver audiophile grade coaxial cables. So auditioning is a MUST for selecting good quality coaxial cables and you need to get a good one as it helps your source to really open up to the extend that cables allow, so no short cut here, quality audio coaxial cables cost money and they are absolutely worth it if course if you want to squeeze the maximum form your DAC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts