What cable to choose. Marantz + MA system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

can anyone please give me an advice on what is the best cable to connect the below system?

Marantz CD6003

Marantz PM6003

Monitor Audio BX5

presently connected with no-name interconnect with golden plated ends (no screening) and simple copper (hopefully) speaker cables with bannana plugs

listnening to all kinds of music

thanks

matthewpiano

My system is very similar, except with the BX2s instead of the BX5s. I use Chord ChameleonPlus interconnect and QED XT Evolution speaker cable. This gives a great balance between beguiling subtlety and warmth, and openess and detail to my ears. I have also got some Carnival Silverscreen speaker cable, some Chord Rumour 2 speaker cable, Chord CrimsonPlus interconnect and Atlas Equator II speaker cable. I've tried every conceivable combination and have found the ChameleonPlus with QED XT Evolution to be the best. I felt the Carnival Silverscreen speaker cable made things slightly woolly sounding.

A

Anonymous

Both the above comments are along the right lines

IMO the Chord Carnival Silverscreen would be a good cable to go for but for a little bit more £££ you could go for the Chord odyssey 2 or QED Revelation speaker cables; both are very good indeed

As for interconnects; again for a little more £££ than the above you could look at the Black Rhodium Prelude or the Chord CobraPlus interconnects

T

the record spot

Hi, I've tried a good few over the years and finally settled on some good quality OFC 322-strand copper cable for the speaker cable and you can practically take your pick for copper interconnects. I'm sure the ones already mentioned are fine but as long as you find one that's well constructed and don't fret too much over the rest of it. Most of the ones I've heard haven't exhibited a massive difference with the exception of a silver interconnect (Nordost Blue Heaven) which was too bright. the rest have all been fairly similar to my ears.

olufsen73 said:
Hi,

can anyone please give me an advice on what is the best cable to connect the below system?

Marantz CD6003

Marantz PM6003

Monitor Audio BX5

presently connected with no-name interconnect with golden plated ends (no screening) and simple copper (hopefully) speaker cables with bannana plugs

listnening to all kinds of music

thanks

Hi olufsen73

I'll recommend that you should carry on with your existing cables. However if you still really feel that you want to change then hold on to your interconnects and at a push change your speaker cable for standard 500 strand OFC type. I feel this cable will be more then good enough for your existing system.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
What record spot said.

I currently have around £1k worth of cabling (if bought new) spanning the past 15 years (it's usually included with an item bought second hand).

I like sticking with copper and avoid silver cabling. Well made basic stuff. No plugs on the speaker cables. All cables chosen/cut to the shortest convenient length.

Make sure you upgrade to a price/current magazine rating/current popularity rating that makes you proud of your system if those things have an effect on how you perceive the system to be at its best.

TRENDING THREADS