What AV amp with Sony BD player and Dynaudio speakers?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi all

I need to replace my old Yamaha AV processor and want something with pre outs to power Dynaudio front speakers (Audience 52SEs and 42 Centre).

I have a Sony BDPS 550 Blu Ray player.

My shortlist is:

Sony STR DA 2400

Yamaha RX V765

or, if I can still find one, a Yahama 763 or 863.

I'm not considering Onkyos as frankly (and I know this shouldn't be a factor) they're too damn ugly...

I'm leaning towards the Sony as I've always had Yamaha and I reckon it'll be a good match for the Sony BD player - but what about matching with the Dynaudios ?

Any views much appreciated...

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Well it was rather a specific question!

I've ordered the Sony - so good luck to anyone else who wants to buy one in the next week as it's bound to drop a hundred quid now I've finally ordered it after about a year of waiting...

A

Anonymous

A friend of mine uses sony 2400 as processor ( he replaced a yamaha dsp E800 ) and he's pleased with the access to next gen audio, auto set up etc. I can't help feeling though with your fabulous naim, nait, dynaudio gear you could have aimed higher up the food chain for a processor or amp to act as processor, something like the yamaha 1900 or the fine new denon 2310, either of these would give big increases in all round quality over the sony which frankly is a fine budget machine at best ( given the illustrious company it will keep in your set up )

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Yes I totally agree - in a perfect world I have done this. Sadly
this is all funds allow at the moment. Also I'm not as concerned about
the AV side of things as I am two channel.
But I'm still dead excited that the new Sony's arriving tomorrow. I'll let you know what it's like.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts