What are your album(s) of the day regardless of format??

Page 52 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
John Bramwell - Live At The Trades

R-8164287-1456341414-6887.jpeg.jpg

An album I have listened to many times over the last year or two. If you ever get chance to see the I Am Kloot mainman live, go for it. He's superb.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Jan Akkerman -- Live at Alexanders .

https://open.spotify.com/album/5t6Xp6t1v5O6MkSwyOcA6C?si=DOvKogYEQlaMtatz-Jhejw

I have actually been to see / hear Jan playing live at Alexanders though not this actual recording, he is one of my all time favorite Guitarists.

I sat within touching distance of his guitar whilst he was playing !

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I was listening to Radio 4 this afternoon, the programme in question being "Mastertapes" wherein Natalie Merchant talked about and played songs from her 1995 album Tigerlily.

I'm playing it again tonight and it's wonderful. Definitely one of my favourite albums, I never tire of it.

NatalieMerchantTigerlily.jpg

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Electro said:
Jan Akkerman -- Live at Alexanders .

https://open.spotify.com/album/5t6Xp6t1v5O6MkSwyOcA6C?si=DOvKogYEQlaMtatz-Jhejw

I have actually been to see / hear Jan playing live at Alexanders though not this actual recording, he is one of my all time favorite Guitarists.

I sat within touching distance of his guitar whilst he was playing !

I'm jealous!

I once went to see Richard Thompson and was sat on the front row of The Lowry theatre, almost within touching distance. It was truly mesmerising to watch such a talent at such close quarters.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I was putting my Natalie Merchant CD back in the rack and thought whatever is next to it I'll play next, so it's on with Mercury Rev and their All Is Dream album.

Not played this for years, but played it to death when it first came out. The singers got one of those Marmite voices. I like it.

Dreammercuryrev.jpg

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Passenger, Wicked Man's Rest

Sweet Liberties, self titled... a concept album featuring Nancy Kerr, Maz O'Connor, Martyn Joseph and Sam Kelly

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts