What are you watching?

Page 49 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

carlos-the-jackal-movie-ilich-ramirez-sanchez-terrorist-212x300.jpg

Watched part one tonight, looking forward to parts two and three.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
Watched The Grey on Sky today, don't know what to make of it. :?

Just been looking it up on the Internet, strange how you have to sit through the end credits to then see what I presume is the alpha wolf dead? I recorded it so I could watch it several times. Wonder if there will be a The Grey 2?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
OMG !!! i'm watching the all new trisha right now & it's about an 18 year old girl who eats sponges, trisha took her backstage to show her how much sponges she eats in a year, she actually got excited & wanted to take it home & said "what you going to do with it all".

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
Les Misrables at the pics.

The wife and son were not impressed, I thoroughly enjoyed it, although Master Of The House was poor. On My Own was brilliant.

We all love the stageshow.

Saw it on Saturday with my wife and eldest daughter, all 3 of us enjoyed it with my wife reaching for the tissues at the end

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
mitch65 said:
Lost Angeles said:

The wife and son were not impressed, I thoroughly enjoyed it, although Master Of The House was poor. On My Own was brilliant.

Saw it on Saturday with my wife and eldest daughter, all 3 of us enjoyed it with my wife reaching for the tissues at the end

Why was les so miserable, what made him upset or is that giving away spoilers. :?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
simonlewis said:
mitch65 said:
Lost Angeles said:

Why was les so miserable, what made him upset or is that giving away spoilers. :?

No he was miserable because I missed an E out of his surname, I've just noticed my typing error.:oops: :cry:

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I've just finished a bit of a Homeland-a-thon. I was only going to watch one or two episodes, but I got so gripped I ended up watching the last 9!

My eyes are square (well 16:9 shaped) and I'm feeling a little depressed, I think I need a hug... or a good strong drink!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Day off work because of the snow, so decided to ease into the day with this. Fantastic film.

51%2BkFnUqztL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

6th.replicant said:
Yay! o /

Series 4 of gritty Paris-set - Canal+, BBC, et al, co-production - cop show Spiral (aka Engrenages) is on BBC 4/iPlayer. Just watched episodes 1 and 2 - clickety

As ever, it's not for the squeamish... :eek:

Tried to watch this last night, but fell asleep. From what I did manage to see, it looks like there is some kind of investigation into something that happened in series 3 going on.

Would it be a good idea to watch the 3 previous series first do you think?

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
6th.replicant said:
Yay! o /

Series 4 of gritty Paris-set - Canal+, BBC, et al, co-production - cop show Spiral (aka Engrenages) is on BBC 4/iPlayer. Just watched episodes 1 and 2 - clickety

As ever, it's not for the squeamish... :eek:

Tried to watch this last night, but fell asleep. From what I did manage to see, it looks like there is some kind of investigation into something that happened in series 3 going on.

Would it be a good idea to watch the 3 previous series first do you think?

Plot-wise, it's arguably not 100% vital, but for understanding the characters' back-stories and, in turn, appreciating their depth, which is one of the writing's main strenghts, I'd definitely watch the previous 3 - all of which are excellent.

The 1-3 DVD boxset is £22 from Amazon or £20.99 from Sainsbury's (incl 40 Nectar points - huzzah!).

Wikipedia's overview is actually quite useful and its précis of each series is spoiler-free - apart from series 3's, which is riddled with spoilers - clickety.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

At the cinema this afternoon. Quite slow paced, but moody, and interesting.

stoker-movie-review-mia-wasikowska-matthew-goode-nicole-kidman.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts