What are you watching?

Page 47 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
6th.replicant said:
51HS2lPD4HL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Most excellent, with several 'eww - can't watch!' moments :eek:

Looks interesting.

Aye, a must-see IMHO. And you'll recognise the 2nd-lead, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau - he played the main character in Nightwatch.

It's £12 at Amazon and £10 at Sainsbury's stores or £8.99 online.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Each season has been a seperate story, so I don't think it'll do any harm to watch Season 3 first, though obviously I don't know what will happen, so there may be a link to the previous seasons in this one.

Thinking about it, might be better to start at the beginning.

Season one is 20 hours in total, 2 and 3 are 10 hours.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Forbrydelsen-300x168.jpg

The Killing, first two episodes of season 3 tonight, and as good as the previous two so far. Shame it's the final season.

I thought part 1 was a bit slow and political, watched part 2 last night which was much better although my Danish is not improving. Gonna watch Homeland at 9.00 tonight. I hardly watch anything live so I don't have to suffer the adverts.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Forbrydelsen-300x168.jpg

The Killing, first two episodes of season 3 tonight, and as good as the previous two so far. Shame it's the final season.

I thought part 1 was a bit slow and political, watched part 2 last night which was much better although my Danish is not improving. Gonna watch Homeland at 9.00 tonight. I hardly watch anything live so I don't have to suffer the adverts.

Almost my own thoughts exactly, building up nicely again. It's a shame that the Timothy Spall lookalike politician from the last series is not in this one.He was my favourite character.

Probably not the thing to say amongst Killing fans, but I also enjoyed the US versions too!

I watch so little TV, other than sports, the only things I watch religously are Homeland and Boardwalk Empire, and now The Killing III.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Still watching The Killing III, it's really buiding up to a fantastic climax, and I can't wait for the final two episodes next weekend.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Lost Angeles said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Still watching The Killing III, it's really buiding up to a fantastic climax, and I can't wait for the final two episodes next weekend.

Agree.

And what did you think?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Lost Angeles said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Agree.

And what did you think?

Only watched episode 9 last last night so we still have the last episode to watch which will be tomorrow night as we have Prometheus Blu -Ray tonight. .

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
OK. Glad I didn't spoil it for you.

Well, a bit of a surprise ending, I was not expecting that. I thought we were heading for a fat cat/richman/politician bury the evidence and get away with it scenario, her action certainly surprised me. I have not seen The Killing 1 so whether her action had any psychological reaction to what happened in that I have no idea.
Have to say I enjoyed the whole series although we ran along way with all the politics to reveal such a small but crucial piece of evidence near the end, and at times there was that much dialogue that I seemed to spend all my time reading subtitles.
It was good that the Beeb put it all on in HD instead of just BBC 3 or 4 whichever it was.
I will buy series 1 on Blu-ray and watch in the new year.

Borgen returns in the new year, I missed the last series but will make an effort to catch it this time hopefully in HD. If it’s as good as The Killing and The Bridge then it should be worth watching.

Got Homeland to watch later, that finishes this Sunday and is building nicely.

EDIT: What's happened to all my paragraphs. They were there when I posted this.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I have to admit to being slightly disappointed by the ending. I'm just not convinced she would have done what she did, and it kind of felt like it was written in at the last minute, once they knew it would be the final series. I'm not saying that's what happened, it just felt a bit like that.

Still, a great programme, and I'll give Borgen a go too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts