What are you watching?

Page 77 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gray

More than welcome. She's got a lovely voice - but having read an interview in RT she's an Essex girl and used to speak accordingly. I find it very hard to imagine!
Yes, I saw from her passport born in Harlow...coincidentally, exactly the same month and year as my Quad tuner purchase.

She's a lovely woman and that's one of the (increasingly rare) things that I watch.
Almost made me want to get a passport - mine expired 16 years ago.

One of those old black and white inserts showed an old car crashing to a dead stop - and a woman falling out - which really amused me.

The smartphone one: could easily be a 10 hour programme covering the technology involved in those.

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneKerr
Tried to watch the first part of a two part documentary about Concorde that was on C4, but gave up after five minutes - incessant and overly loud & strident background music. Seemed particularly inappropriate as most of the viewers would be (I suspect) males not in the first flush of youth...

WayneKerr

Tried to watch the first part of a two part documentary about Concorde that was on C4, but gave up after five minutes - incessant and overly loud & strident background music. Seemed particularly inappropriate as most of the viewers would be (I suspect) males not in the first flush of youth...
I persevered. Found it interesting, proving the Russians are very good at one thing - espionage - Concordski (TU-144).

WayneKerr

And as of Weds next week, series 2!

The biometric passport, vacuum cleaner, smartphone, microwave, headphones and lifts.
There is no doubting this lady is highly intelligent but she is absolutely wonderful as a presenter, just brilliant! This whole series is just excellent TV.

We are extremely fortunate to have some great scientists around at the moment who can convey their subjects with ease to laymen such as myself and make it both interesting and entertaining. Reality TV you can keep, give me more of these programmes please.

A plus point for Hannah is she's an Essex girl :)

Gray

...she is absolutely wonderful as a presenter, just brilliant!
You fancy her Doug 😉
Who wouldn't?
She's got the most attractive personality - some of those robotic geeks she interviews almost become human in her presence.

Good to see her swearing along on Have I Got News too.

(And how many people knew that Graham Bell didn't really invent the phone).

WayneKerr

You fancy her Doug 😉
Who wouldn't?
She's got the most attractive personality - some of those robotic geeks she interviews almost become human in her presence.

Good to see her swearing along on Have I Got News too.

(And how many people knew that Graham Bell didn't really invent the phone).
I was surprised to see her on HIGNFY, she was good on there too. As you say she has a cracking personality and an ability to discuss complex subject matter in a humorous yet informative way.

Obviously Bell was just another greedy fat-cat capitalist, whereas Meucci died a bankrupt at the hands of Bell. Guess it worked out okay in the end as I can't imagine me saying to someone "I'll give you meucci later" :)

Reactions: Gray

Gray

I was surprised to see her on HIGNFY, she was good on there too. As you say she has a cracking personality and an ability to discuss complex subject matter in a humorous yet informative way.

Obviously Bell was just another greedy fat-cat capitalist, whereas Meucci died a bankrupt at the hands of Bell. Guess it worked out okay in the end as I can't imagine me saying to someone "I'll give you meucci later" :)
🙂 Yes and the same series told us that Mr Hoover did the same trick of taking on and making someone else's idea his own.

(Got a feeling Edison did the same to Swann with light bulbs)

Reminds me of the stupid old joke about John Logie Baird showing his wife his amazing invention, when she said, ,"It's ok, but what's on the other side".

Reactions: WayneKerr

podknocker

If you like programmes with Matt Berry, if you haven't done so already try, Year of The Rabbit and Toast of London.
Just watched all the IT Crowd again. Matt Berry is so funny in this. When he's having his pants fixed by Moss and the multi faith people are there. He turns round and tells them to F off. So funny. Not too much swearing in this, but it's used at the best moments.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts