What are you watching?

Page 29 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
bretty:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:

maxflinn:it was pretty predictable nod, similar to "heat" but not in the same league. i watched it all anyway which is more than i've done with a few other movies lately
emotion-1.gif

next week i think it will be between town and im still hear.i must admit neither one really grabs me.

i have not seen that joanna hex yet, but again it dosent look to good. i like that josh browin guy but i dont really like the girl(whos name i forget

i think that "devil" might be out to.

I only managed to get through twenty minutes of 'The Town' before switching it off. watching Affleck unintelligibly mumble his way through his lines was unbearable.

Jonah Hex isn't quite as bad as all the reviews. That's not to say it's a good flick, but if you switch your brain off it's entertaining enough.

Definitely watch 'Devil'. I watched it a few weeks ago and it's surprisingly brilliant.

cheers bretty,your coments kind of sum up my thoughts from the trailers and i think these could be sky movie films instead of bluray films.

i am tempted to see devil abit.or maybe the last exercisam? looks ok.

if not this weeks movie could be one ive missed in the last year.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
nodnarb4444:bretty:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:
maxflinn:it was pretty predictable nod, similar to "heat" but not in the same league. i watched it all anyway which is more than i've done with a few other movies lately
emotion-1.gif

next week i think it will be between town and im still hear.i must admit neither one really grabs me.

i have not seen that joanna hex yet, but again it dosent look to good. i like that josh browin guy but i dont really like the girl(whos name i forget

I only managed to get through twenty minutes of 'The Town' before switching it off. watching Affleck unintelligibly mumble his way through his lines was unbearable.

Jonah Hex isn't quite as bad as all the reviews. That's not to say it's a good flick, but if you switch your brain off it's entertaining enough.

Definitely watch 'Devil'. I watched it a few weeks ago and it's surprisingly brilliant.

cheers bretty,your coments kind of sum up my thoughts from the trailers and i think these could be sky movie films instead of bluray films.

No, No, don't bother with 'The Last Exorcism', Purleeeeease! . I was so looking forward to that film and it was complete rubbish. It's so slow. I watched it with the Ex-bird and we both kept expecting it to pick up the pace, but it never did. Add to that the fact that the bits that are supposed to be scary, aren't, and an obviously rushed ending that is supposed to be dramatic, but actually made me laugh.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
bretty:nodnarb4444:bretty:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:

emotion-1.gif

No, No, don't bother with 'The Last Exorcism', Purleeeeease! . I was so looking forward to that film and it was complete rubbish. It's so slow. I watched it with the Ex-bird and we both kept expecting it to pick up the pace, but it never did. Add to that the fact that the bits that are supposed to be scary, aren't, and an obviously rushed ending that is supposed to be dramatic, but actually made me laugh.

nice one,i nearly got it today i was in hmv and even had it in my hand but for some reason put it back as i wasnt sure.. sounds like another 1 for sky hd.

geting films of the back of trailers is always dodgy.how many times have you seen a movie only to find the best bits were all in the trailer.

im trying to only get blurays of things i will see again as with dvds i ended up with loads still in the shrink wrap or even multiple copys of some films.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
41HWZC95VYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Of all the things my eldest likes to watch after lunch, this is the most irritating by a mile. The antiquated vocabulary alone is enough to turn a good man bad.

matthewpiano

Just watched 'Inception' on Blu-Ray. I thought it was superb and not at all confusing as some people have suggested. It does keep you asking questions but, to me, that is exactly what a good film should do!!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
certainly not as complex as I was hoping for.

Just watched the final Shrek - was very lame for the first 40 minutes (nearly turned it off), and then really came good in the end.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
imagesCA0JOV69.jpg

saw this earlyer sky+ job as i didnt fancy staying up till 5am

not gonna give it away but imo khan wins the unification fight
emotion-21.gif

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
MV5BMzU5MjEwMTg2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzM3MTYxNA@@._V1._SY317_CR1,0,214,317_.jpg

Saw this on Sunday night at the cinema. I wasnt overly bothered about seeing it, but was absolutely brilliant. I would be very surprised if Firth doesnt get the Oscar.

cinemafan

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Boardwalk Empire is absolutely brilliant. Seen the whole 1st series and it just gets better. Also speaking of US dramas, Breaking Bad is fantastic with the brilliant Bryan Cranston.

TRENDING THREADS