What are you listening to?

Page 555 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
I've been enjoying recent albums by The Zombies, Baroness, Bruce Soord, Dave Gahan & Soulsavers, and Mercury Rev. 2015 has been a very good year for new music.

Agreed, 2015 superb for music. That new mercury rev album is on form! Just listening to the new rudimental album and the bass can be felt heavily with volume at 9.15. Courtney Barnett my ffavthis year. Played the double EP many times.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
MI0000600432.jpg

Personnel: Roscoe Mitchell: soprano, alto and bass saxophones, clarinet, flute, percussion; Joseph Jarman: tenor, alto and soprano saxophones, flut, percussion; Lester Bowie: trumpet, flugelhorn, percussion; Malachi Favors: acoustic bass, electric bass, percussion; Don Moye: drums; Fontella Bass: vocals, piano.

Sample: Theme De Yoyo ("nine minutes of rapturous soul jazz")

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you noticed how some great movies carry amazing soundtracks that have cinematic life on their own? Well, Thunderball's 2001 release Scorpio Rising is such an album. But the movie was never made. It's up to you to create it by listening.

MI0002779187.jpg

Over 10 years later since multiple replays, I'm reminded of this obscure album. Funk, bossa nova, cinematic soul, downtempo dub, and downtown drum'n'bass, all come together to shine like a riviera sun from the warm beaches of Panama to the crowded old port of Saint-Tropez. Perfumed with hot leather and petrol. The jet set life of the 60's and 70's captured in these beats is rhytmically shuffling like Paulson clay chips through your fingertips. Refreshing like a taste of mango and Caribbean rum before a late sunset drive through the empty city lights.

I still like it. Worth another listen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts