What are you listening to?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Today I played -

Eurovision Song Contest 2008 - various artists (double cd)

The Phantom Of The Opera - movie soundtrack (double cd)

John Duncan

[quote user="survivor"]
Journey - Raised On Radio (vinyl)

Journey - Frontiers (vinyl)

That`s all I had time for before the missus came home!
[/quote]

yeah, I have to turn that ***** off when mine comes home too.

Did I mention my second row ticket?
emotion-5.gif

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="survivor"]
Journey - Raised On Radio (vinyl)

Journey - Frontiers (vinyl)

That`s all I had time for before the missus came home!
[/quote]

yeah, I have to turn that ***** off when mine comes home too.

Did I mention my second row ticket?
emotion-5.gif
[/quote]

I thought it was third row? I presume you mean downstairs?

Still, second or third, you`ll be a lot closer to the stage than I`ll be!

John Duncan

It was, except the bloke I bought it off sent me a second row one instead........
emotion-2.gif

And yeah, stalls. So I'll be elbowing the first-row blokes out of the way to watch Schon (of coursh) up close.........

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]It was, except the bloke I bought it off sent me a second row one instead........
emotion-2.gif

And yeah, stalls. So I'll be elbowing the first-row blokes out of the way to watch Schon (of coursh) up close.........[/quote]

Result! Yeah, Schon is something else. Have a great time!

By the way, I once elbowed my way from the second row to the first at the same venue many years ago and managed to touch Debbie Harrys...hand! For a young lad at the time it was quite a moment I can tell you!

A

Anonymous

The Folk Implosion - Free To GoHopefully Lou will come back and play glasgow again soon.

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Classic fm mate, not half!! I forgot i had jean michel jarres Aero (not his chocolate bar) listened through home cinema and my god its blummin FANTASTIC! Av it!

A

Anonymous

bed, thats a good idea! i'm sure there's room for just one more track... but which one.
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

3rd test - on a 1950s Bush valve radio on long wave. Used to sound fine but compared to modern gear it's shocking. Probably better through the screen speakers on t'internet. I'll give it a try.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
It finally arrived. So it's been on repeat for the last day. Opeth - Watershed. Really enjoying it, even if it sounds more like their older stuff. I hear more 'My Arms, Your Hearse' in it than anything else......No bad thing.....

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Big Chris"]It finally arrived. So it's been on repeat for the last day. Opeth - Watershed. Really enjoying it, even if it sounds more like their older stuff. I hear more 'My Arms, Your Hearse' in it than anything else......No bad thing.....[/quote] I got that too - on a previous recommendation from your good self. Bit of a cheese factor but I love the drumming.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Drummerdave"][quote user="Big Chris"]It finally arrived. So it's been on repeat for the last day. Opeth - Watershed. Really enjoying it, even if it sounds more like their older stuff. I hear more 'My Arms, Your Hearse' in it than anything else......No bad thing.....[/quote] I got that too - on a previous recommendation from your good self. Bit of a cheese factor but I love the drumming.[/quote] TBH, 'Watershed' is a bit of a step backwards. Not that I don't enjoy it, because I do, but 'Blackwater Park' is their finest album. 'Deliverance' & 'Damnation'. are also both very good. All 3 were produced by the guy from Porcupine Tree (Steven Wilson?) and the production is great. The new drummer isn't as good as the last guy, but he went a bit nuts and they had to oust him. :-( Who is your favourite drummer BTW? Ever since I bought 'Individual Thought Patterns' by 'Death' I have been an ardent fan of Gene Hoglan. There's no way a guy that size should be able to play how he does, but it's his diversity which is astounding. Incredible double kicking in 'Strapping Young Lad', Prog with power in 'Death;, laid back solid grooves with Devin Townsend's solo stuff ('Terria' is amazing, you simply must buy it).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts