What are you listening to?

Page 525 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
As a Richard Thompson devotee and completeist, I own practically everything he's released over the years (bar some decidedly rough bootlegs) and I find it difficult to recommend just one album or track.

However, apart from the popular choices such as the Rumor & Sigh and Mock Tudor albums, and more recently Dream Attic, I would also say that his 1000 Years of Popular Music album is delightful (once you get past the 13th century songs!).

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
81-ktyQl8LL._SL1500_.jpg

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
DIB said:
As a Richard Thompson devotee and completeist, I own practically everything he's released over the years (bar some decidedly rough bootlegs) and I find it difficult to recommend just one album or track.

However, apart from the popular choices such as the Rumor & Sigh and Mock Tudor albums, and more recently Dream Attic, I would also say that his 1000 Years of Popular Music album is delightful (once you get past the 13th century songs!).

Thanks, I will look into your recommendations.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
All this talk about Richard Thompson prompted me to take a few of his CDs to work today.

Aside from his Acoustic Classics and Electric albums, I also played this excellent live recording..

Live+At+Crawley+1993+51247.jpg

.. taken from a BBC Radio 3 broadcast, so the quality is top notch. The majority of tracks are taken from the Rumor & Sigh and Mirror Blue albums, and the interplay between the two Thompson's is sublime.

Recommended if you can find a copy.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Driving around in my van today, I've been listening to..

jimi-hendrix-are-you-experienced_6256.jpg

and

408122b.jpg

.. it struck me how totally brilliant Are You Experienced is from start to finish, and how rambling and sketchy Electric Ladyland is.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Good Choice DIB I was listening to Hendrix in my van today I am at the moment listening to the Black Keys Turn Blue it a real grower I wasn't sure when I first listened to it but its worked its magic and I love it

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
toyota man said:
Good Choice DIB I was listening to Hendrix in my van today I am at the moment listening to the Black Keys Turn Blue it a real grower I wasn't sure when I first listened to it but its worked its magic and I love it

Thank god for CDs, long may they live. Makes the M60 / M62 bearable Monday to Friday.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts