What are you listening to?

Page 117 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

51Bu5xPp4fL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
51gEJmHvK1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

515YSEBPYTL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
51nXThoDBOL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Two Lone Swordsmen - Wrong Meeting II
Iron abd Wine - Shepherd's Dog
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz
Dananananaykroyd - Hey Everyone
****ed Up - Chemistry of Common Life
Johne Metcalfe - The Inner Line
Yacht - See Mystery Lights

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Two Lone Swordsmen - Wrong Meeting II
Iron and Wine - Shepherd's Dog
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz
Dananananaykroyd - Hey Everyone
****ed Up - Chemistry of Common Life
Johne Metcalfe - The Inner Line
Yacht - See Mystery Lights

matthewpiano

The new Strawbs album and, as a huge fan of the band, I am hugely disappointed with this one, especially after last year's 'Broken Hearted Bride' which was a truly superb album.

This one is too much like Strawbs pastiche and the songwriting, usually a Strawbs strength, is consistently weak throughout. Its not helped by dire production, but its all rather low gear and lacking in the distinctiveness that has always made them a great band. Long-time keyboard player John Hawken has retired and been replaced by Oliver Wakeman (son of Rick) and I'm not impressed.

Even the one song that isn't new on here, a re-cooking of 'Oh How She Changed', is turned into a dirge which doesn't come close to the original 1960s version or the acoustic version recorded on the recent Acoustic Strawbs album 'Painted Sky'.

Not one I'll be listening to very often.

matthewpiano

Listened to my vinyl copy of this on a new to me Pioneer PL514 with a nice Ortofon F-series cart on it - sounded wonderful.

Back to CD for these superb recordings of two great musicians. The 20+ year old KEF C30s really bring this to life.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:

Well,after all the Oasis bashing going on the other thread i thought i'd give these a spin.
418qgL0N%2BuL._SS500_.jpg

51YGPZ13HEL._SS500_.jpg

I was a big fan of their early stuff,and still am..............So there!

Good for you Dave. I also liked Oasis.

51SYCOAULQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
Vinyl.

TRENDING THREADS