What are you listening to?

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

this mortal coil - song to the siren and get cape wear cape fly- war of the worlds- . super smashing great!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
You are a lucky one Dave to seen them at their prime. Superb band that have a big cult followers.

When I feel a bit unhappy (not very often I have to say) I just put the Cure on and sing along with Rob Smith....Great fun.

Right now I am listening to

emotion-21.gif

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Suffocation 'Pierced From Within' (CD) on Relapse and some Janos Starker Mercury re-issues on Speakers Corner LPs. Oh, and some nice Blue Note mono reissues on Classic Records LPs (Sonny Red 'Out of the Blue' is a current favourite).

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Thaiman:
You are a lucky one Dave to seen them at their prime. Superb band that have a big cult followers.

When I feel a bit unhappy (not very often I have to say) I just put the Cure on and sing along with Rob Smith....Great fun.

Right now I am listening to

emotion-21.gif

Another great album

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Last Shadow Puppets - 'Age Of The Understatement". Even if you found the Artic Monkeys too 'low-fi' (as I did) you will love this - all swooping strings and Everly Brothers/Simon&Garf style harmonies.

Cure fans?
"What's that?"
"it's Goth Juice"
"what's that made of then?"
"It's made from Robert Smith's tears"....(The Might Boosh)

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Blackmores Night - Secret Voyage (dble vinyl)

Black Sabbath - Vol.4 (vinyl)

Frank Sinatra - Sings For The Lonely (vinyl)

Journey - Revelation (cd)

The Prisoner - Original music soundtrack from the t.v. series (vinyl)

Eagles - Long Road Out Of Eden (dble cd)

The Thorns - The Thorns (cd)

Richard Thompson - Old Kit Bag (cd)

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
PJPro:The Cure - Staring at the Sea

images

Actually, put a pair of shades on that guy and it looks like an older version of me!

I had this on tape... which had all the B sides too. Great album.

A

Anonymous

The Last Shadow Puppets - Age Of The Understatement.

Also Some of the multi-channel music samples found on the THX demo disc 2, couple of good tracks.

A

Anonymous

For the last few months I've pretty much been listening to Sonic Youth (since I went to see them do their Daydream Nation album live). But to appreciate them, you probably need to subscribe to the theory that too much feedback is never enough!

When my wife (who doesn't subscribe to that theory) is in the car, I listen to Nick Cave (but his more ballady stuff - although my wife doesn't mind his last album).

Oh, and on the way back from a holiday, I forced my kids to listen to Electric Ladyland by Hendrix
emotion-1.gif

T

the record spot

Tom Verlaine, Postcards From the Front, Virgin Records LP (1982).

tom+verlaine.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts