What amplifier for a pair of Celestion DL8 Series II?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm a student and have recently acquired a pair of Celestion DL8 Series IIs from my Gran. I have a relatively limited knowledge of hifis and the like and so decided to ask the more knowledgeable of you for advice on a suitable amplifier.

The speakers have a handling capacity of 150W each. My original idea was to attempt to connect them to my Logitech PC speaker subwoofer (it has an internal amplifier). However, it only has two phono ports, not four so I thought I'd try to plug just one speaker in. However, I would prefer to use both speakers and so this is where the amplifier choice comes in.

Considering that I'm a student I have limited funds (N.B. I have yet to decide what my price limit is, but realistically nothing more than £100, preferably less). I am, of course, taking into consideration used items, as well as new.

I seriously have no idea of what I should be looking for so any advice or recommendations would be great.

Thanks,

Josh

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I had a pair of DL6 Series 2 when I wa a student and they were a nice speaker, although the metal dome tweeter could be a little bright at times. If I were you I would avoid Japanese components and cheaper British kit like Cambridge. Perhaps something like an Arcam alpha 7.

A

Anonymous

Ah, ok. Ermmm, just had a look ebay and couldn't find anything. Lots of 5s, 6s and 8s going around though. Any other alternatives to the Arcam alpha 7?

Thanks a lot,

Josh

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts