Wharfedale Evo 4.1 Amp Recommendations

16cores

Feb 19, 2022
Visit site
Havent decided on any specific speaker or amp but I like the look and reviews of the wharfedale evo 4.1. Im looking to see what it may cost to get an amp that will power these well, use case is on stands behind a desk so nearfield listening. Open to any other pairings of speaker and amp if anyone has suggestions at the 1000 - 1500usd mark. Im also based in australia which makes finding some items for a good price difficult unfortunately.

Last edited:

doifeellucky

I’m not sure how good they’d be for nearfield. I’ve been looking to update my office setup due to working from home, and I’ve asked several reviewers and typically front ported is the recommendation. Try asking in review comments about nearfield use. Something to consider is the Q Acoustics M20. I just put this in another message but Tarun ‘A British Audiophile’ gave them an ‘outstanding’ award and he specifically mentioned they are good for nearfield. I’d be very tempted to try them if not just having bought a Sabaj A10a that I’m using with some old mini monitors and a sub.

Last edited:

16cores

Feb 19, 2022
Visit site
I’m not sure how good they’d be for nearfield. I’ve been looking to update my office setup due to working from home, and I’ve asked several reviewers and typically front ported is the recommendation. Something to consider is the Q Acoustics M20. Just put this in another message but Tarun ‘A British Audiophile’ gave them an ‘outstanding’ award and he specifically mentioned they are good for nearfield.
I hadnt heard of that reviewer but ill check those and the reviewer out. I guess regarding the back port ill note that I have a decent amount of space with the ability to easily put up to a ft or 2 between the wall and speakers if needed.

doifeellucky

I hadnt heard of that reviewer but ill check those and the reviewer out. I guess regarding the back port ill note that I have a decent amount of space with the ability to easily put up to a ft or 2 between the wall and speakers if needed.
Probably not a problem then. My room is only 7’ x 6’ so side and back wall are a bit of an issue for me.

I didn't understand the bit about where your amplifier is to be placed.
Does it need to be compact?
What will your music sources be?
The speakers are pretty efficient so you should not need anything with huge output.
And those speakers are bottom ported by the way....... So placement should not be an issue.

16cores

Feb 19, 2022
Visit site
I didn't understand the bit about where your amplifier is to be placed.
Does it need to be compact?
What will your music sources be?
The speakers are pretty efficient so you should not need anything with huge output.
And those speakers are bottom ported by the way....... So placement should not be an issue.
I can get the amp on a shelf inbetween the speakers or if its small enough to go on a desk that works, not fussed either way.

Music source will always be from my pc using deezer/tital/foobar etc.
At the moment i have a dac which outputs rca to my current speakers and xlr into a headphone amp.

Good to know they are quite efficient and placement shouldnt be an issue thanks.

I can get the amp on a shelf inbetween the speakers or if its small enough to go on a desk that works, not fussed either way.

Music source will always be from my pc using deezer/tital/foobar etc.
At the moment i have a dac which outputs rca to my current speakers and xlr into a headphone amp.

Good to know they are quite efficient and placement shouldnt be an issue thanks.
in that case maybe the Rega Io amplifier might be worth looking at

Reactions: 16cores

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts