Wharfedale DIAMOND 10 Series

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Went to my local Hifi shop and saw a new Wharfedale speakers. Looks like the Diamond 9.1 but with metal frame surrounding the tweeter. Was told it was the Diamond 10.1 model.

Price same as the 9.1 model. But Wharfedale website do not have the Diamond 10 series on display yet.

Hope to see a review soon.

A

Anonymous

I suspect what you might have seen was a pair of Diamond 9.1 75th Anniversary edition speakers - Walnut finish with champagne coloured metal around the tweeter?

John Duncan

ie this one:

wharfedale-diamond-nine-point-one-anniversary.jpg

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
No, the metal ring around the tweeter is much thinner.

There is also a tweeter grille protecting the tweeter.

And the front is finished in glossy piano black. The cabinet is black too.

Will try to see if I can take a picture in the shop without the shop owner noticing it.
emotion-1.gif

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
radovantz:Cannot find in the web.. they maybe new and not introduced yet. I just imagine that speaker look beautiful like mordaunt-short alumni series.. yummy.. Ya, can't find the info in the web or Wharfedale website. But definitely a Wharfedale model I see and the design is like the Diamond 9.1. Just the difference I have mentioned on my previous email.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Was this in a UK shop? May be a version the company only makes for other markets. Or it wouldn't be unknown for there to be fake speakers out there...

pierobotha

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
Found this on the web on a site from weird countryÿ

http://www.tekniikanmaailma.fi/uutiset/wharfedale-diamond-10-sarja-sisaltaa-useita-uusia-jalusta-ja-lattiakaiuttimia

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
pierobotha:
Found this on the web on a site from weird countryÿ

http://www.tekniikanmaailma.fi/uutiset/wharfedale-diamond-10-sarja-sisaltaa-useita-uusia-jalusta-ja-lattiakaiuttimia

Weird web address but the country is no weirder than Finland.

A

Anonymous

They look nice...especially the floorstanders. Strange that a random shop has some already.

pierobotha

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
German site

ÿhttp://www.audiophile-devices.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52:wharfedale-diamond10-kommt&catid=1:aktuelle-nachrichten&Itemid=88

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As I suspected - not a range as yet launched in the UK...

Gerrardasnails:
Is anywhere weirder than Finland?

John Duncan

Andrew Everard:

Gerrardasnails:

You haven't been to Forfar have you?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

Gerrardasnails:

One country springs immediately to mind, you've been there many times and it looks weird and wonderful to me - Japan.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Nah, Japan is very ordinary and sensible, despite all those 'spot the cliche' Hidden Japan documentaries on BBC4 at the moment.

Have been playing Statement of the Obvious Bingo with them: they usually start with "I'd never been to Japan - but I've always been fascinated by the place", and then manage to pack in a temple, cherry blossom, Mt Fuji, Tsukiji Fish Market, people being shoved onto commuter trains, geisha and the Shinkansen in the first five minutes.

Then, as if it was the most original thought in the world, there's a shot of Tokyo at night, and the narrator says "It looks like something out of Blade Runner"

OF COURSE IT DOES, you dunderhead!!! Ridley Scott based the look of Blade Runner on Tokyo at night...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Nah, Japan is very ordinary and sensible, despite all those 'spot the cliche' Hidden Japan documentaries on BBC4 at the moment.

Have been playing Statement of the Obvious Bingo with them: they usually start with "I'd never been to Japan - but I've always been fascinated by the place", and then manage to pack in a temple, cherry blossom, Mt Fuji, Tsukiji Fish Market, people being shoved onto commuter trains, geisha and the Shinkansen in the first five minutes.

Then, as if it was the most original thought in the world, there's a shot of Tokyo at night, and the narrator says "It looks like something out of Blade Runner"

OF COURSE IT DOES, you dunderhead!!! Ridley Scott based the look of Blade Runner on Tokyo at night...

You have disappointed me deeply. I prefer the sound of Japan being weird. I'll probably never get to go anyway as the missus isn't interested.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Andrew Everard:Ridley Scott based the look of Blade Runner on Tokyo at night...

Whereas the Darryl Hannah character was based on someone he met at a Karaoke night in Forfar, obviously.

And the Rutger Hauer character on the boyfriend of the someone he met at a Karaoke night in Forfar, just before Mr Scott got the Glasgow kiss?

John Duncan

Andrew Everard:
JohnDuncan:Andrew Everard:Ridley Scott based the look of Blade Runner on Tokyo at night...

Whereas the Darryl Hannah character was based on someone he met at a Karaoke night in Forfar, obviously.

And the Rutger Hauer character on the boyfriend of the someone he met at a Karaoke night in Forfar, just before Mr Scott got the Glasgow kiss?

No, he was in Brechin the night after.

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
pierobotha:

Found this on the web on a site from weird country

Yes, that's the one.

But the model I saw was supposed to be 10.1. Hehe...thought I was imagining things.

By the way, I'm from Singapore.

And why are we talking of countries now?
emotion-4.gif

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Nope, not on Wharfedale's Singapore site, either...

Yap...

Only saw it at the shop, not on any Wharfedale website.

Strange that the speakers are released to the dealers / shops first.

And not announced on the website.

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
this "diamond 10.1" look beautiful but i doubt that tweeter look fancy. I think it is more like diamond 9.1, only with rear ported.

Maybe the best way is to wait wharfedale to announce this model, or trust our ears..

TRENDING THREADS