Wharfedale 225 for cyrus?

shiseido

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Ive bought a nos (new old stock) cyrus straigh line and im using it with my old acoustic energy ae100, but im searching a speaker with a fuller and warmer sound and i know that the old diamond series were like that (i never was a fan of them because to me they were dull and lifeless with my former amplifications).

In the low budget 200/300£ in the regular options should this be the "best" partners to the cyrus?

shiseido

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
gasolin said:
Go for soemting like the Mission LX-2 these are better

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wharfedale-diamond-225-loudspeaker-measurements

Thanks, i dont doubt that "per se" the missions are better (ive had 15 years ago some 773e) and like ive said i never have been very keen on wharf house sound but the question here aint so much wich are better but wich may go better with the cyrus...

About kef honestly i never heard the new series q or r series, just the old q series.

gasolin

I have had the diamond 220 and they have a dark sound and was missing some bass, diamond 225 have a bigger bass and a bit more bass but according to stereophiles review they are a bit to much in the highs.

Mission LX-2 have a great punchy bass but not as dark sounding as the diamond 220 and less bright than q acoustics 3020 which can sound bright do to lack of bass

shiseido

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Im sorry but ive read the review and i couldnt find where the highs in the 225 are a "bit too much"?!?

Also my experience with former wharfs (15 years ago) are they are a lot of things but not too much or sharp highs, like triangle or jbl per example, dull, flat or too much warm i believe, sharping highs like old monitor audio, honestly i doubt...

But thanks for the help :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts