Well, here it is

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
PMCFB1i012.jpg

Here it is, less than a week old. Given that the PMCs are still burning in, but I still can't say, "Ahhhhhhh........" with a big satisfied silly grin on my face.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jtein:
PMCFB1i012.jpg

Here it is, less than a week old. Given that the PMCs are still burning in, but I still can't say, "Ahhhhhhh........" with a big satisfied silly grin on my face.

Who's behind the curtain, Oz?

A

Anonymous

Thanks Vinod. Heavenly? Still trying to get there. Already thinking of the Plinius 9200 or the Leema Tucana II and Antilla. Sigh....what an expensive hobby.

Anyways, I've been meaning to ask you Vinod, do you have "The Petra Collection" featuring 10 songs sung by the youth choir. The album cover is exactly like that of your avatar.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Can or can't?

I'm craving for a more organic (and orgasmic) sound.

A

Anonymous

that's a little worrying - if you are not happy with your new system .......

How much run-in time have you given it so far?

A

Anonymous

And when you have the Antilla II you want the dCs Puccini..
emotion-4.gif

Looks nice man! You didn't like the sound of the Spendors after all
emotion-5.gif
?

How does the Primare gear sound? They look very nice and well built.

You should just enjoy your set as it is right now. The "ideal" set will come with time (and money... sigh).

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Though i might try and attend to all those reflective surfaces - floor, table - between you and the speakers. They won't be helping imaging or soundstaging much...

A

Anonymous

it is the tropics so heavy carpets and furniture dont really fit the climate especially if no aircon

A

Anonymous

our furnishings are designed for warmth so their heavy in the tropics you want light and airy for obvious reasons

sales of carpets and european style furnishings shot up when i was in bangkok as more people moved into airconditioned apartments because they can be kept cool all the time

A

Anonymous

BigAir:that's a little worrying - if you are not happy with your new system .......

How much run-in time have you given it so far?

I am happy with my system.....it's just that I don't have that "THIS IS IT" feeling.

Run-in time: 3 hours everyday for the past one week.

A

Anonymous

SlickenSmooth:And when you have the Antilla II you want the dCs Puccini..
emotion-4.gif

Looks nice man! You didn't like the sound of the Spendors after all
emotion-5.gif
?

How does the Primare gear sound? They look very nice and well built.

You should just enjoy your set as it is right now. The "ideal" set will come with time (and money... sigh).

Thanks Slick. The Primares sound good. When I auditioned them with the ProAc Studio 140 they sounded (to my ears) way better than the Naim XS pairing. So I got the Primares without further ado. Then I lugged them to another dealer to listen to the PMCs with them. The Primares sounded even better with the PMCs. Afterwhich I took them to another dealer to test the Spendor A6. The audition room was a small dingy room with dead acoustics. They connected my Primares with cheap old cables that was routed into a switchbox! 3 different speakers were connected to the switchbox so that you can listen to each speaker at the press of a button! So I had no way of auditioning to the Spendors properly. I decided not to take a risk and went for the PMCs.

Money I've got but time have I not http://www.postsmile.com/

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Which again I suspect may be due to some savage early reflections from the floor and table-top.

Ok, noted
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

that looks remarkably like the set up i had only with a smaller table

turning on the ceiling fan seemed to help but that could have been because the noise masked the reflections

in the end you get used to it but the others are right climate notwithstanding

A

Anonymous

You have the Primares too one off?

Maybe a carpet rug will help my system somewhat.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
jtein:
Thanks Vinod. Heavenly? Still trying to get there. Already thinking of the Plinius 9200 or the Leema Tucana II and Antilla. Sigh....what an expensive hobby.

Anyways, I've been meaning to ask you Vinod, do you have "The Petra Collection" featuring 10 songs sung by the youth choir. The album cover is exactly like that of your avatar.

Oh, youth choir, singing Petra songs, must be really good, where can i buy it ?

My avatar is 'Petra Beyond Belief' from their 90s hit. What other collection do you have ?

Nice to see some Petra fan :)

A

Anonymous

OK - so you have some more run-in time - to speed things up you could leave it on 'repeat' over night ......

Did it give you the 'THIS IS IT' feeling when you demo'd it ....... ??

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
It's hard to imagine how such a setup would not put a silly grin on your face.

Have you tried toeing in your speakers? That would snap everything into focus.

I've tried the Primare system for a month when auditioning and they were so good in so many ways. They are definitely not in your face exciting but image so well and smooth round the edges. Maybe jumping sonic spectacular is what you were expecting?

Just try toeing in the speakers if you haven't and let them break in for a day or two.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts