Well, here it is

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
jtein:

PMCFB1i012.jpg

Here it is, less than a week old. Given that the PMCs are still burning in, but I still can't say, "Ahhhhhhh........" with a big satisfied silly grin on my face.

Hi jtein

Thanks for considering some of the other components that i had suggested to you. I hope you will enjoy the performance of your new system for many years to come.
emotion-1.gif

Btw, your new system looks good.
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

vinod_david:Oh, youth choir, singing Petra songs, must be really good, where can i buy it ? My avatar is 'Petra Beyond Belief' from their 90s hit. What other collection do you have ? Nice to see some Petra fan :)

Drats....I was hoping you have a copy. It's called "The Petra Collection: 10 Great Youth Arrangements" The album art cover is exactly the same as that of "Beyond Belief". I've scoured every nook and corner of the world wide web but to no avail.

A

Anonymous

BigAir:OK - so you have some more run-in time - to speed things up you could leave it on 'repeat' over night ......

Did it give you the 'THIS IS IT' feeling when you demo'd it ....... ??

I had the "this is it" feeling when I was demo'ing the Primares vs the Naim XS'es. Had no problem deciding which one to go for. Wasn't so easy when it came to the speakers. Please read my post above of how I went for the PMCs.

A

Anonymous

batonwielder:It's hard to imagine how such a setup would not put a silly grin on your face.

Have you tried toeing in your speakers? That would snap everything into focus.

I've tried the Primare system for a month when auditioning and they were so good in so many ways. They are definitely not in your face exciting but image so well and smooth round the edges. Maybe jumping sonic spectacular is what you were expecting?

Just try toeing in the speakers if you haven't and let them break in for a day or two.

No complaints over the Primares.

As for the FB1i's, perhaps what WHF stated in their review rings true: "Unwilling or unable to throw caution to the wind when necessary."

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:Hi jtein

Thanks for considering some of the other components that i had suggested to you. I hope you will enjoy the performance of your new system for many years to come.
emotion-1.gif

Btw, your new system looks good.
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Thanks Rick. I had wanted to audition the SCM40s but they were out of stock at the dealer. As for the Spendor A6 I would have to place an indent order and I couldn't wait. So, really, it was through a process of attrition that I got the PMCs.

TRENDING THREADS