WD live book issues

steakers

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
i bought the WD live book yesterday and already having a heap of issues , connection was easy but streaming is the issue , i can play MKV via a usb but streaming from the live book the dnla enabled blu ray player wont read the video files mkv and mp4 and others, also my sons x box 360 is failing to read them , ive gone and linked it to the blu ray as a NAS and the video files now play but shouldnt all this be able to be done via DNLA , if anyone has tips or advice it would be most welcome.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Unless you are using a transcoding server your files need to be in a format that the player( s ) can play. Page 39 of your blu-ray manual. DLNA just presents the files to a client device - that device still has to be capable of playing the respective formats.

The Panny will play .VOB, and mpeg2 (.mpg, mpeg etc) - while both the Panny and the Xbox will play avi/divx

I would never recommend .mkv - as it a container format - and therefore dependant upon what is inside it and notoriously tricky to find 100% compatability.

steakers

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
cheers, ill bear that in mind , all seems to be getting easier with time and im actually really enjoying the piece of kit for what it is .

TRENDING THREADS