Automatic blu ray ripper

I'm looking for a blu ray ripper that will automatically rip my blu rays (including 3D and Atmos) in lossless format (MKV) and store in my NAS drive. I have a QNAP NAS with 4 X 6TB HDDs. Also, what's the best media player to play these films, including 3D and Atmos?

I have a laptop and an external blu ray drive, but found the process of ripping individual discs via MakeMKV to be an absolute faff. All I want is to insert my blu ray disc in the ripper, and it should automatically rip and eject the disc, and store the contents in my NAS.

Innuos and JustHDMI have solutions. The former is way too expensive, and I can't find much information on the latter, or reviews. Any advice on these, or anything similar?

Also, is it possible to rip them simultaneously in MKV (for NAS) and MP4 (for phone and tablet) formats?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Whilst I can sympathise - 300 DVDs and 200 BDs thus far - be aware that MakeMKV doesn't automatically store the Atmos audio (well my version anyway). Instead you have to "back up" the entire BD - trailers, "special features, Serbo-Croat subtitles and all.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Whilst I can sympathise - 300 DVDs and 200 BDs thus far - be aware that MakeMKV doesn't automatically store the Atmos audio (well my version anyway). Instead you have to "back up" the entire BD - trailers, "special features, Serbo-Croat subtitles and all.

What media player are you using?

Benedict_Arnold said:
Thanks for the info!

MakeMKV does that automatically. After a landmark judgement couple of years ago, it isn't illegal as long as it's for personal use and you still retain the disc.

EDIT: Looks like the High Court overturned this but the Government isn't making efforts to clamp on this.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
As a PS I would say that if you have the latest version, try making an mkv of an Atmos disk and verifying what I said.

I know ripping disks is a laborious PITA, but sometimes you rediscover old gems you'd forgotten about.

And try doing a dozen a time to limit the monotony.

Benedict_Arnold said:
As a PS I would say that if you have the latest version, try making an mkv of an Atmos disk and verifying what I said.

I know ripping disks is a laborious PITA, but sometimes you rediscover old gems you'd forgotten about.

And try doing a dozen a time to limit the monotony.
*drinks*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts