** Watch me Build my Home Theater System **

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Awesome set up.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Great Set-up mate, out of curiousity which camera are you using to take the pictures? The photo quality looks amazing!

Messiah

jasonsony735:

The pictures have all been taken with the Sony DSC - P92 ,Cost about £450 about 4 years ago. only worth about £70 now but it takes great pictures . Settings ISO 100 , All the rest is Auto. But i did use Macro mode aswell on some shots for close up detail.

A

Anonymous

My Plans for 2009

My next upgrade for the system is going to be the Pioneer BDP-51FD at the end of Jan , then around the end of June / July the Pioneer 5090 or 500 , Still not 100% sure what one to go with.

I think once i have purchased the Plasma Screen and the Standalone player i will be really happy with the system.

I am also going to get rid of the TV Stand as i dont like it. The Plasma will also be fitted to the wall on a bracket and all wires will be hid and the wall re-plastered. Im also thinking about adding a better Carpet , Another change that's being done is the Fire place is being Blocked / Plastered over and then i will be adding a Designer Gas Fire / Black Gloss Effect.

I hope you have all Enjoyed looking at me building my system over 2008 and follow me in to 2009 , Happy new year everyone , Jason. x

A

Anonymous

If your going to get the Pioneer BDP-51FD, make sure you get it fully updated with Firmware before using it. I had a few glitches with mine at first but I recently downloaded a Firmware update and it seems to be running fine now.

The HDTV upgrade will be a good step up from the LE40A656, I find that when watching HD Content, the Samsung can't handle fast moving scenes all that well and it looks like the colours are blurring at times.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Good job. Looks great. Where's all the bottles of Xmas spirit?

Messiah:
Looks great!

This would get my vote for favourite post of the year!

Followed by PJPro and his headphone amp......

Really? Damn. Is it too late to try and sex mine up a bit?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
PJPro:Good job. Looks great. Where's all the bottles of Xmas spirit?

Messiah:
Looks great!

Hi,

Maybe you could take your shades off and show your eyes? Maybe an extra point or two? I mean Jason is showing his bedroom and him in a tight white shirt...

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Cofnchtr:PJPro:Good job. Looks great. Where's all the bottles of Xmas spirit?

Messiah:
Looks great!

Hi,

Maybe you could take your shades off and show your eyes? Maybe an extra point or two? I mean Jason is showing his bedroom and him in a tight white shirt...

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

It Was the temp bedroom once as i was painting the upstairs bedroom at the time , But it is the Main Livingroom now as your see once the new Black Leather Sofa turns up. 7 weeks from Harveys ,
what a joke !

I will also take a 360 View for you all at somepoint.

A

Anonymous

Davey1984:
If your going to get the Pioneer BDP-51FD, make sure you get it fully updated with Firmware before using it. I had a few glitches with mine at first but I recently downloaded a Firmware update and it seems to be running fine now.

The HDTV upgrade will be a good step up from the LE40A656, I find that when watching HD Content, the Samsung can't handle fast moving scenes all that well and it looks like the colours are blurring at times.

Thanks for letting me know, I did read that Pioneer will be sending out a new one around Feb / March.

A

Anonymous

dont paint the walls white, it will distract you from ultimate viewing expeirience, ps the white will make a fantastic undercoat thou lol

A

Anonymous

Just letting you guys know im really not happy with the B&W 610 Subwoofer , Its gone Bang on me again tonight! :(

I dont have a clue why its doing it , I first got the sub back in Nov and at the start of Dec i put on Iron man and about half way in to the Film the Sub went Bang ! and then it went in to orange status , Basicly it means it wont work , So off i went back to Seveonoak and they where kind to Replace it for me with the one they had in the Shop , Anyway iv put on Wall E Tonight and about halfway in the the Film the Subs Gone BANG again :(............... ! I am really not happy as its alot of money to spend on a sub that seems to break after 1 - 2 months ! Well im going to take it back again and as soon as i get it back fixed its going on Ebay ! Im going to try Monitor Audio one i think instead !

I dont understand why it keeps breaking as its not on max Volume or anything like that........

A

Anonymous

Well its in Warrantry so they have to Fix it or Replace it what ever happens.

I'll have a chat with them on Thursday and see what they say , Ill ask if i can upgrade to something alittle better !, Im gutted to tell the truth as nothing else i own has never broken before .

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Are you sure it's not overloaded? I have had the REL for donkeys and it's never so much as popped before - I played iRobot and Iron Man and I heard it clipping. Turned the volume down and it went away.

Presuming the dynamic range of films these days has increased somewhat and I may need to adjust settings accordingly?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Your right about the Dynamic range , Iv never seen my speaker work so hard , Tonight on Wall E my speakers have been going Crazy on the DTS 6.1 ....... when looking at the speakers in Action it looks like they are going to blow up , Maybe it was to much power for my subwoofer. Not sure what you mean by overloaded , if it has overloaded , is it something i can fix myself ? iv tryed loads of option on my Denon 1909 and the Sub just stay in Orange status and never changes.

A

Anonymous

I haven't used your sub but how many status light colours are there? Is it orange/red and green (2) or red, orange and green (3). If it's 3 then orange would seem to indicate a fault status however if it's 2 I expect your orange light means it is not receiving a signal so the problem could lie with your amp. I guess you have the speaker connected via the line-in, have you checked all the connections are secure? What cable are you using?

The fact that you think two seem to have gone wrong in succession so quickly says to me your amp has issues, maybe just a grounding problem. I wouldn't rush out and buy a new sub just yet anyway.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Clipping and banging..goodness me how loud do u guys watch your movies? lol

A

Anonymous

Well you get a Green light = Working , Red light is = off , When it goes Orange is means it Faulty . Also it cant be the Denon 1909 as the first Sub went Bang on my old Denon 1507......
I have always left the Sub in standby and never turned it off so i dont know if that has something to do with it blowing up.

Well sound Volume : About 20db on DD / 35db on DTS HD. 25db on True HD.

A

Anonymous

jasonsony735:Any way , here is a Before and After photo's of this year :)

3131153410_b0255d0da4.jpg

That looks great, so much better. Glad it's all worth it too.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Mate , Glad you like it ! .

Anyway i have taken the Sub back and its being sent of to B&W to be Fixed , When i get it back im Selling it for £300 with 10 Months Warranty if anyone wants it and im upgrading to the Monitor Audio RSW12

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Great thread but sorry to hear of your subwoofer woes. Have you considered a SVS SB12+? A lot cheaper than the MA and in my opinion, it should be a lot better too. SVS are excellent both in terms of pure, clean powerful bass and value.

A

Anonymous

Pindi:Could it be a dodgy Subwoofer cable?

I don't know but I'd be looking more into it before I'd buy another one.ÿ

A

Anonymous

I think i might change the Cable , Anything i can try is worth ago . But im really not keeping the Subwoofer when i get it back , i want to try something else.

A

Anonymous

Well B & W do not make crappy gear and it has happened to two different units so I can only imagine its being pushed too hard, it's not a huge sub.

"when looking at the speakers in Action it looks like they are going to blow up"

And low and behold they do!!

Nice set up though, be nicer with the screen wall mounted so as to get a stand ut of the way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts