** Watch me Build my Home Theater System **

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
jasonsony735: had a look at the new Samsung 55 inc LED at comet last night and was blown away by the picture so might end up getting one of them we will see.

Seriously if you are thinking of going that large you should seriously consider a Plasma. If you loved the thinness of the LED backlit LCDs then have a look at either the Samsung PS-50B850 or PS-58B850 both only 1.1 inches thick and IMHO a far better balanced picture over the LED LCD models and definatly much better value for money.

Or if you want a real monster there is the Samsung PS-63B630, a massive 63" screen for just over £2000! but not as thin as the B850 models.

A

Anonymous

Ok i made a big Decision today ! Just put a Deposit down on the Pioneer 5090 :) Cant wait ! Yippy.

( Collection on 25th Oct )

After having listened to some products today at my local seveonoaks, I have decided to go for the Denon 2310 and Pioneer 320 and will be picking these both up on Tue :)
Will upload some photos when it's all setup , I did have a listen of both Denons , 1910 & 3210 and i must say the 2310 did sound alot cleaner and defined ! i didnt notice any different from the 1909 & 1910 to be honest.

Cant wait to set it all up :) Good times.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like the upgrades are coming thick and fast! You'll fall in love with the 5090 and teamed with the 320 it will add some real three dimension-ality (doubt thats a word, nevermind!) to your Blu-ray viewing!

Looking sweet mate! Can't wait to see the new pictures!

A

Anonymous

Good man! just finished building and setting up mine. Finally all done! and you will LOVE the 5090.

A

Anonymous

picked up Denon 2310 & Pioneer 320 Today , Just finished setting it all up :) im in love with the Blue HD Lights :) Will show you some photo's , Cant wait to get the Pioneer 5090 now ,Should have it all by the end of Oct...

A

Anonymous

Some new photos

Update , cables are now behind the stud wall , New Pioneer 320 & Denon 2310.

3867219773_fb7c2e7698.jpg

3868005408_3239a27c9a.jpg

3867205249_701cab2cd9.jpg

3867215209_34b9a82e32.jpg

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi jasonsony735

i'm currently in the market for a speaker package and amp/receiver. the 685s are within budget (just about).

how do you find them with the denon 3210? do you think its worth the extra money over the cheaper denons (say 1910)?

thanks

PS cant post without saying how great the system looks and how fun its been watching it grow

A

Anonymous

I found the Denon 2310 works really well with the B&W 685s , Before i made the big jump in price between the Denon 1910 & 2310 i had a listen to Wall E on Blu-ray , Both receivers sounded really good with this movie but i did notice right way the sound Difference from the Denon 3210 over 1910 ,The sound just seemed more clean , I also noticed the bass was clean in gun shots and music etc , this was lacking in the Denon 1909 & also 1910 i must say.,this is what made me go for 2310 :) Also another example since i have had this Receiver is i have watched Die hard on Sky HD ,I was hearing things i have not before , I must have been watching all these movies lacking bass as now with all the explosions i feel i am now in the movie , isn't this is what home cinema systems are all about after all. I have also just finished watching The Matrix Trilogy in True HD and cant get over how sexy the sound is now .......... I always look at the bigger picture , Yes the Denon 1910 is good but do you want something that makes it that little better , you might have to work that extra week for the cash but its worth it in the long run . I wont be upgrading this Receiver for along time i can tell you that.

Just remember you don't need to get it all right way , save some money and buy different parts each month , after all it has taken me well over 1 year to get this system to where it is now,

I just need to get the Pioneer 5090 and maybe B&W PV1 or New Monitor Audio Subwoofer and then thats me finished on my system :).

Since im in a happy mood today ill let you in on some other Gadgets i am saving for at the moment

My Shopping list for 2009 to Mid may 2010

As you all know first up is the Pioneer 5090 ( Deposit down , Collection around Oct / Nov.)

Then i will be getting the PV1 or the New upgrade from the Monitor RSW12 Subwoofer.

That will be the system done , Then i plan on buying around 100 Blu-Ray Movies.

Iphone 3GS / Denon Doc

Macbook Pro

I also want to get a new HD Cam but cant work out what to go for :

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jasonsony735:I found the Denon 3210 works really well with the B&W 685s , Before i made the big jump in price between the Denon 1910 & 3210 i had a listen to Wall E on Blu-ray , Both receivers sounded really good with this movie but i did notice right way the sound Difference from the Denon 3210 over 1910 ,The sound just seemed more clean , I also noticed the bass was clean in gun shots and music etc , this was lacking in the Denon 1909 & also 1910 i must say.,this is what made me go for 3210 :) Also another example since i have had this Receiver is i have watched Die hard on Sky HD ,I was hearing things i have not before , I must have been watching all these movies lacking bass as now with all the explosions i feel i am now in the movie , isn't this is what home cinema systems are all about after all. I have also just finished watching The Matrix Trilogy in True HD and cant get over how sexy the sound is now .......... I always look at the bigger picture , Yes the Denon 1910 is good but do you want something that makes it that little better , you might have to work that extra week for the cash but its worth it in the long run . I wont be upgrading this Receiver for along time i can tell you that.

Just remember you don't need to get it all right way , save some money and buy different parts each month , after all it has taken me well over 1 year to get this system to where it is now,

I just need to get the Pioneer 5090 and maybe B&W PV1 or New Monitor Audio Subwoofer and then thats me finished on my system :).

Since im in a happy mood today ill let you in on some other Gadgets i am saving for at the moment

As you all know first up is the Pioneer 5090 ( Deposit down , Collection around Oct / Nov.)

Then i will be getting the PV1 or the New upgrade from the Monitor RSW12 Subwoofer.

Iphone 3GS / Denon Doc

Macbook Pro

I also want to get a new HD Cam but cant work out what to go for :)

Sorry Jason but is your new receiver the 2310 or the 3310?

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:jasonsony735:I found the Denon 3210 works really well with the B&W 685s , Before i made the big jump in price between the Denon 1910 & 3210 i had a listen to Wall E on Blu-ray , Both receivers sounded really good with this movie but i did notice right way the sound Difference from the Denon 3210 over 1910 ,The sound just seemed more clean , I also noticed the bass was clean in gun shots and music etc , this was lacking in the Denon 1909 & also 1910 i must say.,this is what made me go for 3210 :) Also another example since i have had this Receiver is i have watched Die hard on Sky HD ,I was hearing things i have not before , I must have been watching all these movies lacking bass as now with all the explosions i feel i am now in the movie , isn't this is what home cinema systems are all about after all. I have also just finished watching The Matrix Trilogy in True HD and cant get over how sexy the sound is now .......... I always look at the bigger picture , Yes the Denon 1910 is good but do you want something that makes it that little better , you might have to work that extra week for the cash but its worth it in the long run . I wont be upgrading this Receiver for along time i can tell you that.

Iphone 3GS / Denon Doc

Macbook Pro

I also want to get a new HD Cam but cant work out what to go for :)

Sorry Jason but is your new receiver the 2310 or the 3310?

Its the 2310.

A

Anonymous

yes its the Denon 2310 .... Sorry !

If you all want to have a better look at all my Photos i have taken then pop on over to :

Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theycallmej/

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Have you tried swapping your BD player and center speaker around and placing the speaker on the top of the rack as you may well find this gives a more open sound?

A

Anonymous

Good advice, Was thinking the same. Mine is set in this way and it gives you a 'wall of sound' across the front three channels so i would recommend you give it a go and it should be a lot better.

A

Anonymous

Well this is what it looks like , what you think ? i cant make my mind up :(

3881095918_d23683a822.jpg

3880300071_3530922fe7.jpg

A

Anonymous

I'd place the Skybox on the top shelf and the speaker on it's own dedicated shelf mounted to the wall. By doing this you bring the center speaker more in line(horizontal) with your left and right speakers and it would also be possible then to get all 3 speakers equal distance from the main seating position.

A

Anonymous

I think this is what i will do . put the centre on its own level with the fronts and then have Sky HD on Top / Receiver middle and then Blu-ray PS3 bottom.

A

Anonymous

I would definitely get the Sky HD box off the carpet as it has a fan below it and the pile of the carpet will block the air flow and cause heat problems which leads to premature failure of the hard drive (IMO).

The set up looks very good by the way
emotion-21.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
jasonsony735:I think this is what i will do . put the centre on its own level with the fronts and then have Sky HD on Top / Receiver middle and then Blu-ray PS3 bottom.

I have the same B&W front speakers as you and, in a similar dilemma of what to do with the centre speaker, ended up putting it above the TV on one of these (my TV isn't wall mounted so didn't have the luxury of placing it below!) - the shelf is designed by Pro-ject to provide stability for a turntable and thus seemed to tick all the boxes you'd want for a wall-mounted speaker - rigidity, minimum vibrations and stability. Not cheap (about £70 - £80 as I remember), but worth it in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

Just read the whole thread and have to say what a nice setup you've got.

TRENDING THREADS