Wall mounting Sony Bravia!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,just wondering if anyone can recommend where to buy a wall mounting bracket, for my sony kdl32w4000 lcd tv? I basically want to mount it above the fireplace, and do not want a swivel arm, just a little tilt if possible!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I bought mine from a company called The Plasma Centre (somewhere up near Newcastle). They're online and deliver. Was very cheap (got a swivel bracket), but they have a good range of tilting and non-tilting brackets. One thing - it was acutally in two parts and assembled crookedly - I checked before putting it up, thankfully, and easily rectified it. Some of their brackets are about the £25 mark, I think.

A

Anonymous

Hi Big Aura, did you have difficulty in fitting the bracket to your tv? - just a bit concerned about fitting, as the instructions you get with the tv are not very easy to see!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Wasn't a problem at all. I fixed the bracked to the wall, and then there are two hooks that you attach to the back of the screen (each secured with two bolts), you then hook the hooks onto the bracket and screw then on tight. I did it myself (but would be much easier with a second pair of hands) in under 40 minutes.

A

Anonymous

Thanx for that mate - Ive looked at that website, and yes there are quite a few brackets, at good prices too! Looked at the sony website and they only do one bracket- costing over 200 quid - don't think so!! Guess i'm gonna have to pluck up the courage to have a go at fitting one in the next couple of weeks!! Wish me luck!!

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I got mine from the Plasma Centre as well and they were really good. I fixed mine myself and it's a piece of cake - this was a 40" W4500 - you just need someone to help you lift the TV onto the bracket (and obviously ensure that the bracket is drilled onto the (solid) wall correctly). One thing I did find was that, despite being quite careful getting the bracket staright with a spirit level, the TV looked ever so slightly wonky because the ceiling line wasn't that straight.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts