Wall mounting question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I wish to buy and wall mount a Panny 42 plasma I want it to be on a cantilever type bracket, due to the layout of my room, doors, windows, radiators ect ect, the screen needs to be in corner, but high enough so my stereo speakers will fit underneath. My walls are i'm sure are made of breeze block, def not studded. I drilled a hole in a bottom corner out of sight and grey dust came out. Can this type of bracket be fixed - and be safe - to a wall constucted of such material? Your thoughts are welcome This is the one i've noticed, looks like it should spread the load - http://www.avrabbit.com/product-Premier-am3-bk-plasma-wall-mount-584.html

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, provided it's designed to handle the weight of your TV, and you're confident mounting it, that should work fine. If you have any doubts, have a word with a local builder or tradesman about mounting it for you, and helping you get the TV onto it.

A

Anonymous

Cheers Andrew, i think the manufactuers recommended limit is 75kg
The Panny weighs in at a puny 37kg - i think, so well within, i was more concerned about the walls, not the bracket.
Don't think i'll be doing the fitting, not sure what size rawl-bolts ect, plus there's ALWAYS the chance - more like WILL do - of drilling one of the holes just a fraction, but enought to matter, in the wrong place.
Can you recommend another cantilever bracket, or does the one in my link look ok.?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Rock Man"]
Can you recommend another cantilever bracket, or does the one in my link look ok.?[/quote]

Had a bit of a look around earlier, and I reckon that one looks pretty good.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="Rock Man"] Can you recommend another cantilever bracket, or does the one in my link look ok.?[/quote]

Had a bit of a look around earlier, and I reckon that one looks pretty good.
[/quote]

Thanks for both looking around and for your replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts