Speakers for mounting on wall brackets: suggestions?

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to replace the existing speakers (Linn Uniks) in my dining room. They're fixed high up on the wall with brackets. The Uniks sound very boxy and have a compressed frequency range, with limited bass and little top-end clarity.

8682361745_3c5c258d25.jpg

The speakers are angled in and down towards the centre of the dining table, which is just out of shot in the foreground.

I'd like something fairly discrete that can be bracket-mounted in the same position. Mrs 49 would prefer white boxes, but I think that's far too limiting. Because they're right in the corner, there'll be a problem with bass boom, I fear. I'm budgeting for up to £750. They'll be fed by Sonos ZP120, possibly through a power amp, if the further expenditure merits it. (A couple of weeks ago I experimented by putting a Cyrus X Power in between the ZP120 and the Uniks: quite an improvement, but it really just served to reveal the limitations of the speakers.)

Any suggestions welcome.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
Is it an illusion or do those wall units look like they are about to fall over?

Truth is I wasn't holding the phone level when I took the pic, as you can see from the top edge of the knock-through. Actually just looking at it makes me feel a bit seasick.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts