Wall Mounting - LG OLED65GX plus Monitor Audio Shadows

jro

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Very tidy job indeed, although the TV looks slightly higher than I'd have it in comparison with eyeline.

How do you find the speakers in comparison with more conventional ones?

Yeah - the eyeline is at about 1/4 of the way from the bottom of the set, rather than at the ideal halfway point, which is absolutely fine in practice (if not optimal) but looks better overall in the room.

The Shadows are great, given the form factor compromise - shame they don't make them anymore. I got those back in 2013, where I auditioned them against KEF T-Series (MAs were far better), the much bigger SoundFrames (which *do* sound better but are much bigger) and B&W M1s (IMO the Shadows sound better and they have the better form factor in this application). A deep custom install job wasn't an option (party wall on a Victorian terrace!), but were I to do it again I'd probably go for a shallow CI speaker like the SoundFrame 2.

What has really surprised me is the improvement gained in upgrading the AVR - I've just gone from an Onkyo 709 to the Denon X3700H, and the sound has stepped up a massive level (for the same source material) - so maybe the key to the Shadows is making sure you're driving them properly!

buzz_lightclick

Nice setup. I used to have something very similar but with 3 x Apex A40s for the fronts.
How did you find wall mounting the GX ? Did you use the supplied wall Mount? I guess you have all the cables embedded in the wall?

jro

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Nice setup. I used to have something very similar but with 3 x Apex A40s for the fronts.
How did you find wall mounting the GX ? Did you use the supplied wall Mount? I guess you have all the cables embedded in the wall?

Yep - there's a conduit (a waste pipe) running vertically within in the wall and then front-to-back underneath the floor, and all the rack mounted gear is in the cellar behind/below the sofa. Wall mounting the GX itself was fine, using the supplied mount (which recesses into the back of the unit itself), once we'd figured out the best way of getting power to it, given there's no space for a socket/plug behind the unit (we chopped off the supplied plug and ran power through the conduit too).

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts