Wall mounting B&W HTM62 centre speaker

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Planning on wall mounting B&W HTM62 above my 50 inch plasma - due to the height of the wall mount, would need the speaker to be tilted at an angle. Any thoughts on what would be the best thing to buy to achieve this?

Thanks.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
No mounting holes on the back of this unit, so maybe you'd be best looking for a tv bracket of some sort that will clamp the speaker in place, and has a tilt feature???
emotion-18.gif

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:

In an ideal world, yes. In reality, you'll probably be fine with just using a shelf - I used the Pro-Ject Wallmount it 1 shelf for a while above my 42" plasma with that very speaker - the idea being since the shelf is designed for a turntable, it will minimise any vibrations.

Nice idea, but this unit in now discontinued, and either a shelf or this unit offers a tilt feature that the OP asked for.....

A

Anonymous

Thanks for advice.

I contacted B&W and they advised to try to find a tilted shelf with a lip at the front to hold speaker in place.

Will see what I can find. I'm surprised there isn't more choice out there when it comes to wall mounting a centre speaker...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Pistol Pete1:professorhat:

In an ideal world, yes. In reality, you'll probably be fine with just using a shelf - I used the Pro-Ject Wallmount it 1 shelf for a while above my 42" plasma with that very speaker - the idea being since the shelf is designed for a turntable, it will minimise any vibrations.

Nice idea, but this unit in now discontinued, and either a shelf or this unit offers a tilt feature that the OP asked for.....

Doh!

Thinking about it, I remember that I mounted the speaker on Blu-tak as I always do, but used substantially more at the back to tilt the speaker downward towards me.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
pete.g:Try the Vogels VLB200 speaker bracket (pair) Nice and tidy and they tilt forward

Depth of the HTM62 is 308mm.......the above speaker bracket holds up to 300mm..
emotion-39.gif
Typical!!!

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Let me know if the Vogel is your best / final option and i'll see what the actual max depth is (i have a pair of these which i can measure up tomo).

Also, you could maybe squeeze the extra out of it. There's some plastic "bumpers" at the front that are optional / removable which you could replace with a smaller depth of blu tac. And there are supports at the back that are removable. You could probably alter them to squeeze some extra depth.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
If you could that would be great......

The B&W 685/684 theatre package's are both on my list to demo at the end of the week (hopefully), so wall mounting difficulties would be good to know about before hand.....

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
OK. Just measured up (was being a bit lazy in offering to do it tomo).

I extended it as much as i dared and gave it a good tug (hmm, that sounds bad). Holds fine. So the measurements -

With the plastic bumper-thing (which, i guess, is far rounded-front speakers) in place - 306mm

Removing the bumper - 311mm

Even if you need the bumper, i'm sure you could get the stanley knife / file out to give yourself a couple extra mm.

A few things i remember from putting them together:

1. Some of the pins need a little coaxing. Hammer is useful

2. They're rated for like 50kg or something. The screws are huge and there's five per mount. I only used three for each.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts