Wall mounting B&W 685 S2

theaceface

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi

After much deliberation I have decided to push the boat out further than intended as far as a speaker upgrade is concerned

i am liking the 685 S2 but wondering if anyone has wall mounted them and found the sound to be compromised a great deal?

sadly wall mounting is my only option

Thanks in advance

theaceface said:
Hi

After much deliberation I have decided to push the boat out further than intended as far as a speaker upgrade is concerned

i am liking the 685 S2 but wondering if anyone has wall mounted them and found the sound to be compromised a great deal?

Thanks in advance
I've not tried it myself but to my slight surprise the makers give detailed instructions for wall mounting, so I think it safe to assume they will be fine.

Stands would almost certainly be better, but needs must! More info here:-

http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Downloads/Product/Manual/685-686-manual-600-Series.pdf

nopiano said:
theaceface said:
Hi

Thanks in advance
I've not tried it myself but to my slight surprise the makers give detailed instructions for wall mounting, so I think it safe to assume they will be fine.

Stands would almost certainly be better, but needs must! More info here:-

http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Downloads/Product/Manual/685-686-manual-...

I am surprised to, that's a fair size / weight of speaker to wall mount.

theaceface

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't wall mount as B&W are suggesting, I would use Btec BT 77 mounts

My other choice of speaker would be the Quad S1 but I think they may sound a little too "reserved" with my 8000A

rainsoothe

Hi. I think they're only meant to be wall mounted as surround speakers in a 5.1 system, where you don't need them to do soundstage, and bass will be handled by a sub.

For wallmounting, you shoud check Neat Iota or maybe XTZ stuff (95.22) - look for their website, they normally do internet-only sales, but I think they got a UK dealer now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts