Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
25th best ever? Well there's perspective for you...ÿ
Reminds me of all those music polls that have the flavour-of-the-moment band as 'best ever'. (I believe Mr Adam Ant got it right in Goody Two Shoes: "Look out or they'll tell you you're a superstar. Two weeks and you're an all-time-legend - I think the games have gone much too far")
Incidentally, I'm just writing a blog about how disappointing I found Dark Knight.. should be online by this afternoon.

John Duncan

Oooo don't do that (yet) - might make me not go and see it at the iMax while my wife's away for the week.

But it should be pointed out that the "25th best" thing will be based on a small sample so far, and is therefore unreliable - give it time to settle down and it will gain its rightful place (below The Incredibles). It is undoubtedly technically brilliant in its first half - animation has never looked so real - but in its second half it becomes more cartoon like and the plot is simply confused and, dare I say, boring.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:25th best ever? Well there's perspective for you...ÿ
Reminds me of all those music polls that have the flavour-of-the-moment band as 'best ever'. (I believe Mr Adam Ant got it right in Goody Two Shoes: "Look out or they'll tell you you're a superstar. Two weeks and you're an all-time-legend - I think the games have gone much too far")
Incidentally, I'm just writing a blog about how disappointing I found Dark Knight.. should be online by this afternoon.

Disappointing? I watched it yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. I know that everyone will probably say the same thing just out of sympathy, but Heath Ledger really was the best thing in it.

Christian Bale's 'Batman' voice was rather off-putting though.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Disappointing.........

Interesting- this movie certainly divides opinion. As you may know I'm quite a fan of almost any movie Pixar produced until now. Only exceptions for me would be Cars and Bugs life. Bugs life is just not my kind of humor and Cars too American oriented and boring (no human characters, no risk involved).
Will definitely see it, but not before next Thursday. I tell you it's been agony to see what's out on Rotten Tomatoes and having to wait for weeks or months until it's released in The Netherlands.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Reminds me of when I went to see Star Wars: Phantom Menace at an 11.15am showing (give me a break - I was in tthe US at a conference, the film wasn't yet out in the UK, and it was the only one i could make).

I was, naturally, aghast at the Jar Jar Binks travesty, but the cinema was full of kids who were LOVING him....

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Can I repeat that it wasn't yet out in the UK? I only had the first day of US reviews to go on (and the alternative was a Novell developers conference).

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:Incidentally, I'm just writing a blog about how disappointing I found Dark Knight.. should be online by this afternoon.

... and you queried my taste in the dislike of Casablanca in another thread... ha ha.

The Dark Knight will be considered a classic in years to come, a classic I tell thee!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Ah, but you haven't yet read the blog. I really enjoyed The Dark Knight, and think it's a great film - but i'm disappointed, as I think it could have been even better.....

To give you a clue, the working title of the blog is:

The Dark Knight - the call for the Director's Cut Blu-ray begins here

D

Deleted member 2457

John Duncan said:
Disappointing.........

smiley-laughing.gif

I was beginning to think it was just me who did not like it on here - what a load of rubbish.

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome said:
Ah, but you haven't yet read the blog. I really enjoyed The Dark Knight, and think it's a great film - but i'm disappointed, as I think it could have been even better.....

To give you a clue, the working title of the blog is:

The Dark Knight - the call for the Director's Cut Blu-ray begins here

What's wrong with The Dark Knight without reading your blog? - pretty sure they did not release a Director's Cut - did they?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts