Volume up and down

Portoman

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Ive had my Samsung Home Cinema system for a while but I still cant get the volume settings right. Whenever I watch a film, the music and action sequences are way too loud and the dialogue too quiet, so I have to give lowering and raising the volume throughout. Obviously this makes for a rather annoying viewing experiences !

Is the answer to mess around with the bass etc or is the answer more complicated?

Thanks in advance.

naughty573

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem .... the answer was "Night Mode". See if your amplifier features this. It will make surround effects softer and vocals louder - so you can increase volume levels and it will not be as dynamic as running normally

My amplifier actually has three levels of night mode - and i can always by pass it when i want to listen to the movie as it was recorded

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
This home cinema has a setup mic doesn't it? If so I'm sure it will also have individual gains for fronts centre and surrounds!! If so turn down the fronts a little and up the centre gain!! Let us know how you get on bud.

Portoman

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it seems there is something called "Dyname Range Compression" which appears to relate to balancing the range between sounds, so I will have a look at that.

I think I can adjust the speaker volume too but it seems a bit confusing - front/rear/centre/rear/subwoofer - as is it possible to lower aspects that relate to music etc and raise aspects relating to voice ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts