Samsung UE46f7000 Volume levels go up and down

jm1970

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
:I have a new Samsung UE46f7000 TV. The sound is connected to my 2 channel amp via optical out, dac and then stereo phono/rca cables to the amp. The problem I have is that the volume goes up and down on it's own. It seems to settle down after a while. Then whenever I change source again the same thing happens. I have spoken to John lewis technical and all they could suggest was the auto volume settings but this makes no difference and in fact the setting is unusable whenusing external speakers. Any ideas why the volume is going up and down on it's own?

mmg

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the TV is to blame: when you use the optical out, the TV just passes the audio trough withouth applying any equalization or volume control. It's probably the DAC or the AMP. Does your amp have an optical in so you can bypass the DAC?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

You know that there is quite a variation of volume on different channels don't you, and also adverts are usually louder than the tv programmes?

If it is this (which I suspect it is), then I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

Have you tried it with just through the tv speakers? Is it noticeable then?

And whatdo you mean by changing source, do you mean changing channel?

jm1970

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
No its not the volume when the adverts come on. By changing source I mean from broadcast TV to Blu Ray to Apps etc. The sound goes up and down and then settles down after about a minute. The amp has no optical in which is why I bought the dac. I tested the dac using my cd's optical out and the sound on the cd player is fine with no variation. Confusing stuff!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts