Virgin price hike (Again!)

sogophonio11

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
My virgin bill has increased yet again! Third time in less than a year. Once for sky platform support ( Out of virgins control) Twice for bundle. Point here is, they never tell you in advance, and just sneak it in! Am now paying over a hundred quid a month for two tivo boxes and basic broadband. Soon to be doubled in speed, for no more money: Yeah right!

Any one else disgruntled? Have been in contact with them, no response so far, did i expect that then? Love the service, quality is second to none. Its the way they rely on that, and continuation of customer loyalty that gets my goat!

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
sogophonio11 said:
My virgin bill has increased yet again! Third time in less than a year. Once for sky platform support ( Out of virgins control) Twice for bundle. Point here is, they never tell you in advance, and just sneak it in! Am now paying over a hundred quid a month for two tivo boxes and basic broadband. Soon to be doubled in speed, for no more money: Yeah right!

Any one else disgruntled? Have been in contact with them, no response so far, did i expect that then? Love the service, quality is second to none. Its the way they rely on that, and continuation of customer loyalty that gets my goat!

They have told us in advance, about a couple months I think.

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I got a letter telling me. If I remember rightly, this latest increase was on the Broadband (3 pounds for 60mb flavour) and the line rental (one pound across the board). I have already decided to go back to BT for phone and ditch the TV (can never find anything on I want to watch that isn't on freeview). No too sure about BB yet as my phone line is a piece of old twine that can just about support 2mb download speeds. We should be getting fibe in the spring so will look at that when the time comes.

The one that really annoys me is the line rental. This is their second increase in a year. To be fair, no one else is any better, BT have had at least two, maybe three. What does annoy me though is you can have it for 10 quid a month if you pay up front for 12 months

jjbomber

sogophonio11 said:
Soon to be doubled in speed, for no more money: Yeah right!

One of the engineers told me in march last year that they had just done all the work to double the speed on Broadband. We are still waiting for it to happen. All the adverts with Usain Bolt are a distant memory. This is the bit I don't understand. They say they can't double my speed from 30Mb to 60Mb until they finish the upgrading work, sometime in August. However, if I pay an extra £4 a month, I can have it straight away.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
jjbomber said:
sogophonio11 said:
Soon to be doubled in speed, for no more money: Yeah right!

One of the engineers told me in march last year that they had just done all the work to double the speed on Broadband. We are still waiting for it to happen. All the adverts with Usain Bolt are a distant memory. This is the bit I don't understand. They say they can't double my speed from 30Mb to 60Mb until they finish the upgrading work, sometime in August. However, if I pay an extra £4 a month, I can have it straight away.

We upgraded about a year ago to 50Mb, partially on the promise of the "soon to arrive" speed doubling. At the time the postcode checker on Virgin's website said April. April came and went, the website said June/July. By August it was saying September-December.

Having noticed that Virgin's website was telling us that as a new customer we could have 100Mb straight away, my OH phoned them up to get the speed doubled. They were having none of it. But my OH is highly skilled with the gift of the gab, and after a solid 10 minutes of repeatedly saying they could do nothing about it, they relented! We had 100Mb within a few hours! And bizzarely it cost £1 a month less. (As per the OP, that £1 saving has long been superseeded with increased bills).

Just checked the postcode checker again, and it is now saying April this year for speed doubling. :wall:

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to read that some have not had their free speed doubling, but it does exist - mine doubled a few months ago and speed checks show it is real.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to read that some have not had their free speed doubling, but it does exist - mine doubled a few months ago and speed checks show it is real.

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
My broadband doubled in November and I needed a new wireless router to get the speed hike. Its usually in high 30mbs but can go up to 50mbs and my son loves it for gaming and BBC Iplayer etc

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts