Virgin Media is RUBBISH!!!!!

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I am currently a high paying customer of Virgin Media

I recommended both my Brother and my Mother, so they both cancelled there Sky subscription on my recommendation and Praise for Virgin Media

Good news I thought, how wrong could I of been..........

After 4 weeks of Engineers and surveyors coming out to my brothers house, it couldn't be done due to not being able to obtain Council Permission to dig up a bit of concrete on the pavement where the connection point was, even though Virgin had confirmed that they had obtained permission, and had the go ahead????

Brother went back to Sky, got HD and a competitive package for the price.

My Mother who Lives in a council Maisonette block on the ground/first floor had Virgin flyers confirming that Fibre Optic broadband/TV could now be installed. I had this confirmed on the phone from Virgin media several times to make sure, and the Service Available search tab that highlights what is available in your area showed this to be correct.

Had Sky cancelled......so that this could go ahead, Broadband etc was to terminate a month later

Package was chosen and paid for (installation) and had been given the Installation date for a Saturday, all seemed good

Then came the date for the installation, after 5 hours of waiting.......no one turned up

My mum rang Virgin Media up and they explained that the Surveyor had confirmed a few days before that the install could not go ahead, due to the restriction of connecting to the outside box.....no Virgin pratt left a message or anything for my Mum, so she was unaware of this

Charming

After a argument and debate that Virgin are advertising a service that they cannot commit too is wrong, they changed they minds and assured me that it could be done after all???? [:cool:]

So after refunding my Mums card and paying for the Installation again (cheek) they booked another day fro installation (12/08/10) which is 3 days before the current set-up is terminated. With the surveyor coming out once again on the 11/08/10....hmm I was rather worried about this, but was even GUARANTEED that the install would happen.......big words I thought

I rang Virgin on 11/08/10 late at night to confirm if the install would happen or not, and was told and guaranteed that no problems had a risen this time and that the install would happen between 1-6pm

Excellent [Y]

Rather than my Mum loss a days pay (contact worker) I took a day off instead for her

Well 2 engineers turned up at 1.15 I was all happy and being my charming self, until the words CANNOT BE DONE ringed through my head......the engineers explained why it couldn't be done (same problem, lack of phone call once again)

I politly thanked them for telling me in person about this

[:mad:]

I rang Virgin Media and politely explained the problem and lies that had been told and was hanged up on twice!!!! [8o|]

Rang them today to vent my anger and disappointment towards this lack of service and lies, and was given just a 'SORRY''

I empathised that this has caused a lot of problems and distress not to mention a days holiday wasted in vain, so I politely asked if I could have 3 months bills at half price due to this inconvenience caused by Virgin Media....to be told NO, we don't compensate peoples holidays.......

Hmm my contract is up in December, and I am going to raise the issue with my team of lawyers at work, that if a Company is advertising something that they cannot commit to, is that Legal?

Oh by the way got my Mum a great Sky HD package with no problems.....

Garreth

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Blimey, sounds like you've been through the wars Garth Man. One of my former work colleagues ordered Virgin in his block of flats (couldn't have a satellite dish for Sky) and took three separate days off work for the install, and on each occasion no-one turned up.

Shame really, as when it works, the Virgin service is pretty good (especially the broadband).

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough:

Blimey, sounds like you've been through the wars Garth Man. One of my former work colleagues ordered Virgin in his block of flats (couldn't have a satellite dish for Sky) and took three separate days off work for the install, and on each occasion no-one turned up.

Shame really, as when it works, the Virgin service is pretty good (especially the broadband).

Engineer was probably at a long gig.
emotion-5.gif

Highway

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Been a Virgin customer since it was called Blueyonder. I now have TV and Telephone to go with my broadband. I have never had any problems with Virgin at all. The service has been excellent and both my sisters and mother have joined.

Now BT, there is an entirely different story. Would never go back there.

And I will never get a Sky box.

I find your experience is like cars. You can find someone who has had a bad experience with almost every car out there and others who love the car and would get another.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Highway:

Been a Virgin customer since it was called Blueyonder. I now have TV and Telephone to go with my broadband. I have never had any problems with Virgin at all. The service has been excellent and both my sisters and mother have joined.

And I will never get a Sky box.

I find your experience is like cars. You can find someone who has had a bad experience with almost every car out there and others who love the car and would get another.
Agree entirely with that-- never really had a problem over 6 years,and about to give them my landline telephone business.Cannot get their cable business at the moment as it is not in this area.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Highway:

I wouldn't touch BT with a barge pole either. Was getting charged for phonecalls when no one was in the the house, reckon an engineer was tapping into the line but BT would have non of it. Then Blueyonder arrived in the close and the rest is history.

Highway:

Thats a good comparison, probably true with all things.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I agree that Virgin has a long way to go just to catch up with Sky's poor customer service, the problem is that until these two are serious cometition to each other then we, the poor customer, will continue to be the loser. Sky are rolling out new HD channels some of which are not that great content wise, which channels would Sky customers like to see go HD in the future?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I don't have SKY any more, but when I did I thought their CS was very good. A million times better than Cable which was the worst I've ever experienced by any company by a country mile.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Sky customer service can be quite good, especially when you threaten to cancel!

When I ordered HD 3 years ago they wanted to make me wait 4 weeks before they installed it, so I contacted the local independent supplier who said he could do it in 3 days time. I phoned Sky and cancelled the order and guess what? They suddenly found they could install it the next day, which they did!

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Was with Virgin, pre-NTL merger/re-brand, for broadband and service was excellent all-round.

A few years later - ie after NTL merger - I went back to Virgin for broadband and overall experience was dire: hopeless customer service; very economical with the truth re my property's actual DL speed - 'Up to 8MB'? Bah! Max of 1.9MB (at 3am) was reality; and Virgin's router had dubious distinction of being the only device or programme that, to date, has ever - touches wood - crashed my iMac.

Swapped to TalkTalk and now average 6MB, with no complaints or need to call customer services, thus far, re broadband. However, I also sampled TalkTalk's IPTV and it was a joke - it was jettisoned a mere three days after installation.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough:

I agree Andy, with my own Virgin service at my house they have been very good on most occasions, which is a shame for this to happen

just sooooo annoyed that this has happened twice with 2 weeks!!!!

A

Anonymous

I agree,we have the Virgin+HD box,Broadband and phone,very pleased with everything especialy the broadbad and HD box! cant fault the products or the service at the mo!!! You cant beat virgin for Broadband speed

DKennedy

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
just spotted this...I am now a council streetwork inspector and i used to work for virgin. What they have told your brother abnout digging the concrete is utter rubbish. The council does not refuse permits, they will only ask that the work be done on a different day if it clashes with on going works. Virgin use this excuse if the work will not be cost effective and speaking as a council inspector, its starting to really p*ss us off!

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
i needed a rewire outside my house so virgin booked a date with me and said after they do it they need to come inside to recheck settings etc . took day of work no pay and they never turned up !

saw my neighbour same day whilst keep looking out the window for virgin and he said a virgin man was round yesterday doing my outside cable ? rang them an they said it wasnt done yesterday even though i stated my neighbour saw him do it and the guy was running late and will be with me soon . never turned up . phoned them again spoke to another knob and he said oh they came round yesterday ! they never informed me plus i took a day off and lost pay and they never came in to check afterwards . i asked for manager and they hung up ! phoned again had a big row , spoke to manager and got 50 credit on my next bill ! not enough but at least something .

after 2 months ,3 techs and an outside rewire the 4th guy took a look in my loft and said there is your prob - a missing screw cap on the ariel 3way connector wich was leaking signal a giving me pic probs . a 5minute fix !

A

Anonymous

Without boring you with a huge list of things Virgin cocked up for me, I'll just leave it at: they are absolutely useless, don't do it!

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
I have the Virgin+HD box, Broadband and phone anytime with them and it is Awsome !

I'm on their XL package and it really is great.

I game online as do my two teenage sons and anytime i've checked our broadband speed it is usually around the 19 mb (we pay for up to 20mb) ... most happy
emotion-19.gif

Razzler

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
Have to agree that when working correctly (most of the time) Virgin BB, TV and Phone are very very good.
emotion-21.gif

They do really fall over with regards to customer service though. Every time I have to call I speak with people who just spout out responces from a pre-writen answer card. They have little of no grasp of the problems I try to explain,
emotion-12.gif

Twice I have been told I will have a £10 credit added to my account, twice it have never appeared. Once I should have received a £30 credit for introducing a friend, ive never had that either.
emotion-9.gif

Twice I have asked that a senior manager call me back (as there never avaliable at the time) and twice they have never phoned back, despite issuing me with a complaint referance. If I could muster the energy I would call them back to complain but it really is a pointless excersise.
emotion-39.gif
emotion-9.gif

A

Anonymous

Just swapped out virgin for sky.

Only about a million times better.

Online order process didn't work cos I couldn't give it a landline as just moved to a new address, but sky telephone girly sorted it all out right down to the £50 m+s vouchers online only offer.

SkyHD is like using a brand new PC- superfast and superslick after the slow clunky unreliable piece of junk that was the virgin v+ box, which was like an old PC running at 99.9%.

:)

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I had a nightmare time when I 1st got my virgin (then 'blueyonder') broadband fitted

Generally speaking its a very good service though, so aside from the fact they use monkeys to do the initial setup, its a pretty good service after that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts