Vinyl Record Cleaning / Fluid? Machine?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
K

keeper of the quays

brownz said:
Normal little stylus brush for getting rid of any dust in the cantilever recess etc.Carbon brush for the stylus itself.Ultrasonic Carbon Brush for where they've been returned from customers and dragged through honey/mud/varnish/beer etc etc
sounds sensible a solution...after I used a stupid microfiber cloth to clean my turntable..and it got caught on the cartridge! And destroyed it..grrrrrr my own stupidity...grrrrr! I keep away from stylus..just use a stylus brush occasionally...bit off topic (sorry) I want to hand wind a couple of transformers as I wish to make a step up..is it difficult to do?

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Heh, not something I've done, I covered it in my apprenticeship days back at Harwell when I was a mere yoof, but there were winding machines etc on hand. Can't remember if we actually built one as part of the training, or just covered the theory behind the madness. Plenty of info out there on the Interwebs though. Google is your friend.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts