Vintage

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
having read the post , i do notice some prices too high for lower quality cd players said to be audiophiles ones and some with higher quality like Pioneers are sold cheap till a certain reference lefting out the URUSHI series that is also over priced as the ES from Sony , this because in need of a extra cd player with a good dac, noticed this after reading their specifications, and those with same specifications as Pioneers from the 90´s are only transport , either in second hand or new, ended up buying a Pioneer for 55€+14.50€ in transport being the same as some Linn , copland and others i can´t even remenber their names because are rare to see these brands like c.e.c(belt driven ), burmester etc.
Also when using till 79 amplifiers ,the sound of the sources seems better without a doubt ,like if you take the treble and bass in old amplifiers the sound under is good , in more recent ones it seems a weak and bad sound when not using tone controls, and are pricey. Only using direct sound with tube amplifiers or really good ones from the 70´s as Macintosh , Luxman, Pioneer and accuphase, NAD(new acoustic dimension). Almost forget to refer Hitachi and HH. Scott, using all modern speakers, this includes integrated amplifiers, receivers , pre and power amplifiers .
Also good material New is too expensive as it were in the past but yet still afordable.

Last edited:

Terry H

May 4, 2023
Visit site
Rotel RA412 amp, NAD 3020 series 20, NAD 3020B, Rega Planar2, and a couple of Pioneer A400s, MIssion 780se's, only one still used regularly is the NAD 3020 series 20, the others are safely stored, i just can't part with them

Reactions: Jasonovich

good_enough

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Linn Axis about '87-ish as I recall, from some dealer off the Tottenham Court Road somewhere - maybe somebody might suggest some names I can't recall it? Wasn't the Cornflake Shop I know that. Monitor Audio Studio 20SE's late nineties.

Both well upstaged by a recent purchase, a Nak 482Z from about 1980, off fleabay. All in regular use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts