Vintage HIFI - Sansui AU-555A Amplifier

Chris2021

Mar 7, 2021
Visit site
Planning to enter the vintage HiFi scene. have my eyes on a restored Sansui AU 555a which is listed online.

This is going to be an additional amplifier I am seeking to get, currently have a Musical Fidelity M6 amplifier with KEF speakers.

I read the great reviews about Sansui amp and it sounds almost like a tube amp.

Will Sansui bring another perspective to my listening or is it overrated?
many thanks

Planning to enter the vintage HiFi scene. have my eyes on a restored Sansui AU 555a which is listed online.

This is going to be an additional amplifier I am seeking to get, currently have a Musical Fidelity M6 amplifier with KEF speakers.

I read the great reviews about Sansui amp and it sounds almost like a tube amp.

Will Sansui bring another perspective to my listening or is it overrated?
many thanks
If you have a modern set-up vintage generally are a little different. That said, vintage stuff has its merits.

Reliability is my biggest issue.

As above, plus I would add if you want something that sounds like a tube amp get a tube amp....
Vintage amps can often work out expensive when you find components such as capacitors need replacing and getting it serviced.

aversaurus

There totally different from modern amps .
they have a very relaxed sound to them a lot softer with more space .
lots of middle with a good top end and a thick bass .
there the sort of amplifier that sounds good with all types of music .
I would start with a good sansui 101 see if you like the sound and go from there

Chris2021

Mar 7, 2021
Visit site
surely that will depend on condition, cost, and why exactly exactly you want to own one. It's not exactly one of their best.

Why? Kind of like the aesthetics of vintage separates. At the same time want to ensure the sound is decent and different to MF M6 I already have.

A fully restored AU555a goes for about AUD 1000 plus in Sydney.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts