Vintage DAC - SIgnal lock issues

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought a vintage TEAC d-10 DAC on a whim a month ago - to my great surprise it completely whipped my Oppo 95 and Logitech Transporter (both Stereophile Class A). I now use the Transporter/Oppo to feed a digital signal through the coax into the TEAC and then to my Hegel H-200 amps. The sound is great - I love it. You have to hear it to believe the improvement in bass, soundstaging etc etc

The problem is that the DAC keeps dropping the signal - it can only accept signals till 48.1 Khz (a DAT signal !) but at times, it will lock into a 48.1 signal and not play my 44.1 Khz stream ! I usually have to pull out the coaxial and tinker with it for a few minutes and then at times it works. I love the sound but this is getting a bit tiresome. ANy suggestions would be welcome - I'd be happy to take it to an engineer but I doubt I could find one for a 20 year old DAC !

A

Anonymous

Why you think you cannot find an engineer for your dac? The principle remains the same. Have you tried the dac in another set-up?

A

Anonymous

I have tried multiple sources - the issue seems to be primarily with the streamer. Coupled with a CD player, it seems more stable. Anyway, given the fab sound, I don't mind fidgeting with it every couple of days when it loses the lock. Will look to score a newer Esoteric DAC when I can...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts